Priceline Hotel: Help: 4* 03/13 - 03/16

Gopiku
By Gopiku,
in

I'm trying to determine what to bid for a 4*. Hotwire shows a 4* in the Embarcadero Area (Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa) for $83. (It seems like Hilton Financial District?). I tried bidding up to $66 for a 4* in Embarcadero and Union East using re-bid zones. I realize bids have been somewhat higher but I figure Priceline ought to shave some off Hotwire's offer.

Any idea how high I might need to go? Probably don't want to pay $80+ - so perhaps will want to downgrade to 3.5*.

I agree the 4* Embarcadero appears to be the Hilton Financial. It's been reported with those icons in the past and the TripAdvisor stats (4/5, 260+ reviews) also match.

Priceline usually beats Hotwire on price, so you can probably win a Priceline 4* somewhere between the $66 you've already bid and Hotwire's $83. We don't see many 4* wins on Priceline for under $75. And the Priceline 4* that you win might or might not be the Hilton Financial.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links when you bid.

I tried up to $77 and failed :). I can see that the Hilton Financial District is available for those dates at $87 plus change (from Travelocity and such) while the 4* at Hotwire is still available at $83.

I'm wondering now if there's any situation in which I might actually want to pay the $87. I'm not really a member, so don't really care for points.

I would try again and if rejected take the $87 rate (assuming you like the hotel and it works well for your plans)... you could possibly save a few extra dollars by waiting, but it's also possible that this rate disappears, at which point i think you'll likely be paying more for an 'unknown' hotel.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Travelocity link if you go that route)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all your help! I used BB's Hilton link to make the reservation.

Check-in: Fri 13 Mar 2009

Check-out: Mon 16 Mar 2009

Rooms: 1

Guests per Room: 1 Adult

Room Type Preferences: Non-Smoking; King

Rate Type:

Rate per night: 87.20 USD

Total for Stay per Room:

Rate 261.60 USD

Taxes 40.73 USD

Total 302.33 USD

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]