Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Palace Hotel

scogirl
By scogirl,
in

Is this the only Downtown zone you're willing to bid? Most usually add some of the other adjacent zones, trying to get the least expensive 4* hotel in the area... not sure if you want to go this route or if you need to be in this specific part of Downtown or if you're avoiding other zone in order to avoid a particular hotel.

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Twenty different 4* hotels have been reported won in downtown San Francisco, but only 2 of those 20 are in USE---the Westin St Francis and Grand Hyatt.

As thereuare said, you're more likely to find the lowest available 4* price if you're willing to add a zone or two.

But we do see 4* wins under $100 in USE. So if you only want USE, or if you strongly prefer it, it's worth trying to $100 in USE before bidding other zones.

I was really hoping for the Grandy Hyatt or Westin St. Francis and that is why I want USE.

I have not stayed in the Fisherman's Wharf area but heard it isn't that greatest area to stay. Not sure if that is

true. Has anyone on the board felt this way? I could add other areas if anyone has recommendations

of a good area.

I stayed in the Fisherman's Wharf area last time I was in San Francisco. It's a great location if you like being close to the bay. Many ferries depart from Fisherman's Wharf and it is reasonably close to the Golden Gate bridge, Union Square, and Chinatown. It is served by buses, cable cars, and streetcars. It is crowded during the daytime, especially on weekends and holidays, but is quiet at night which may help you sleep better. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Fisherman's Wharf which is a nice hotel.

I tried to bid on a 4* (USE) in San Francisco on Priceline and got rejected at up to $105 a night. Now I am looking at a 4* USE on Hotwire for $109 a night. I am hoping/assuming it is the Westin St. Francis. Let me know your opinion.

4* USE

$109 a night

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet

SPA

There's nothing wrong with only wanting the USE zone. I just wanted you to be aware of the situation, that you're fishing in a pool with just two fish rather than a pool with eleven fish if you bid USE and USW together, for example.

When bidding for a 4* in San Francisco you have four free rebid zones. Those are zones that only have hotels less than 4* rating. If you need help determining your free rebid zones please ask. You can list your rebids zones here if you want confirmation that you've got them right prior to bidding.

I suggest you bid $70 for a 4* in USE.

Add rebid zone #1 at $75.

Add rebid zone #2 at $80.

Close your browswer, reaccess Priceline, select USE plus rebid zone #3, and bid $85.

Add rebid zone #4 at $90.

Add rebid zone #1 at $95.

Add rebid zone #2 at $100.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link. When you close your browser and reaccess Priceline please start with that same link again.

Good luck and please let us know how your bidding goes.

One last question. Since we are a little ways out from my date of March 21-23 would I be better off waiting

awhile to try to get the 4* USE? If it doesn't matter, should I just take the $109 USE 4* on Hotwire right now

that I would assume is the St. Francis because it has the spa? This is my first experience with Priceline so I

am not sure if they will accept lower bids as the date gets closer or if it doesn't matter much. Thanks for your

help and patience with this newbie.

We've merged your threads into one... please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The 4* USE HOTWIRE hotel above is a match for the Palace Hotel so that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]