FL Ft Lauderdale Ramada Plaza Hollywood

Toddb
By Toddb,
in

Hotel rating: 1 star (not sure how this got a 2*)

Food: Lots of places to shop and eat around the hotel. This was a big plus if you didn't want to drive and liked different foods

Parking: Atrocious!! Unless you are driving a super compact car the underground parking is brutal. Don't even think about parking a truck (of any sorts) there or you'll likely run into something going in, backing up or driving out.

Early check in?: No need to go in early or you'll be told to return at check-in time at 3pm (althought the guy did tell me to come back at 2pm ha-ha)

Breakfast: No need to stop by and get this at all unless you want coffee or juice. Bread and bagels were stale, the pancakes looked liked they they'd been sitting for awhile and the pastry was not looking to hot. Lady at the counter wasn't welcoming, but did say "Good Morning" even though forced.

Hotel:

It is very run down and in need of major repairs in all areas. All the plumbing worked, water was hot and the bed/room were clean too. Only real issue was the toilet kept running all the time and the location of the room was next to an employee area where they had no sense of common decency for sleeping quests. Check in crew could care less if you stayed or went down the street and a later visit to the front desk to use the computer resulted in a one word answer to my question. She didn't appear to want to be there and it showed.

Overall, there are a lot better options other then this hotel, but if you got "stuck" here, don't mind a really old building and didn't plan on spending much time other than sleeping, you'll be fine. I'm not one who stays in a hotel while on vacation, so the few hours I was there sleeping it worked for me. Wouldn't be my first or second choice hotel and I wouldn't select Hollywood the next time I used priceline. :-)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]