Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Bahamas (New Providence Island-Paradise Island) Sheraton

bahama junkie
By bahama junkie,
in

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user here. Was wondering if anyone can help me identify the following properties:

Dates: Feb 8 - 11, '09

Property #1:

4 star hotel in Nassau and Paradise Island, $159

Resort, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Centre, Laundry Facilities, HSIA

Property #2:

3 star all-inclusive hotel in Nassau and Paradise Island, $219

All inclusive, resort, Near beach, food and beverages included, a la carte dining, water sports/activities included, evening activities included, daily activities included

Also, would anyone have any suggestions for a priceline strategy for getting a 3.5 star hotel or a resort on Nassau or Paradise Island?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Bahama Junkie

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above? NOTE: you will likely need to click the pop-up window with the amenities, the CTRL+A, and copy/paste to a text program such as NOTEPAD or WORDPAD to see them all since HOTWIRE is missing the scrollbars from this window.

Also, would anyone have any suggestions for a priceline strategy for getting a 3.5 star hotel or a resort on Nassau or Paradise Island?
What is your maximum bid? Are you willing to pay more for a Resort vs a 3.5* or are you looking for the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply!

For Priceline bidding, I am essentially looking for something cheaper than hotwire. So I guess my maximum bid would be ~$140 for 3.5 star or $170 for resort (since hotwire is showing ~$150 for 4 star, and ~$200 for resort)

Would you also be able to ID the hotwire properties for me please?

I would greatly appreciate your help, and PROMISE to use the links on your site for purchasing hotels.

Thank you,

-Bahama Junkie

If your goal is to bid on PRICELINE first anyway, is there a reason to ID these properties beforehand? :) If so, as per above, please check to ensure you have provided the full list of amenities associated with each property.

To move forward with PRICELINE, did you want to try for a Resort up to your limit first and then, if rejected, try for a 3.5*... or were you looking to first try for a 3.5* or better up to $140, then if rejected, try for a Resort up to $170?

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for the reply.

If I go with priceline, I think I would prefer to try the 3.5 star first up to my price limit before moving on to the resort. I don't intend to stay on the premises all that much because I plan to rent a car and go on some adventure and scuba diving tours.

To be honest with you, I am a little hesistant to bid on priceline because of the uncertainty of which hotel I'll get. That was why I wanted to ID the 4 star hotel on hotwire as noted above. I checked the amenities again, and in addition to the amenities listed, there is also golf nearby, spa services, and children's activity program. This smells like Sheraton. Can you confirm?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I am new at this, and would simply like help with formulating a logical strategy.

Sincerely,

Bahamas Junkie

Thanks for the help on this successful bid.

I have two followup-questions, if you don't mind:

1) the hotel website states that there is a $15/person resort fee which covers water sports and housekeeping. Is that fee including in my priceline purchase, or do I have to pay this amount in addition?

2) Is there a way for me to get an ocean view room?

Thanks for the help!

-bahama junkie

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]