Priceline Hotel: Suggestions PLEASE

liviacl
By liviacl,
in

Hi, I'm going to NYC with my boyfriend to celebrate my bday. We will be staying there from April 18th to April 20th, and I wanted some tips to get a nice hotel under U$100.

We've been to NYC last year and stayed in Upper West Side (close to 96th), althought the hotel was not so good the location was fine (close to the subway, 1 block from broadway, etc).

I don't have any specification where I'd like to stay as long the hotel is clean and close to the subway... we're trying to have a romantic getaway and a good hotel would help a lot!!

Please help me!

You may be hard pressed to get a good hotel under $100, but given the state of the economy, you never know. Most any hotel you will get is usually convenient to all the amenities you need. I would focus on the Midtown, Central Park and Empire State Building areas if you want to be close to all the amenities, but again, this is New York City.

It seems that for the dates you stated, the highest star rating hotel on Hotwire that has the lower price seems to be Intercontinental - The Barclay for $129. This 4-star hotel seems to be popping up on Priceline and Hotwire on a very consistent basis in the Midtown East area with bookings going up towards May (where I am personally looking), but has some very mixed reviews on Tripadvisor. Given the economy, it looks like they are willing to take the guaranteed booking cash now rather than hope for an upswing in bookings.

Proud to be Canadian!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to book a hotel under my budget (110) but it seems to be really hard.

First I started with 100 for 4* hotel in MTE, not accepted!

Then I included 3.5* and increased my bid to 110 also choosing different areas (CPS, MTW, Times Square) and still not accepted.

I went to the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and saw some successful bids in the same day that I've been planning to go (April 18-20)....

I really don't have a specific area or hotel where I'd like to stay as long it's 3.5*-4* and it fits under my budget, please help me!!!!!!