Priceline Hotel: Boutique SF (USE- Embarcadero) Villa Florence

Belli
By Belli,
in

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and wondering if I could get some advice for bidding in San Francisco. I will be taking a vacation there for two nights sometime during the week of Aug. 14-20. I wanted to stay in the Embarcadero area because I heard that it is central for doing touristy stuff. I tried bidding on priceline last night but unfortunately, could not get a 4 star in Embarcadeo for $60. (I noticed that other people got that bid so I was hoping for that). My travel dates are flexible--I just want to get the best deal for the price, since we don't often get a chance to take a mini vacation.

Do many people stay in SFO and commute downtown on vacation? It seems like a long drive....

Thanks for any advice or bidding suggestions!

I don't think we've seen wins as low as $60 during the peak summer season. I think it will take a little more than that.

If I were you, I'd bid in the $65-85 range if your stay is in August. If you're driving to SF, be prepared for parking charges of $30-40 per night at the major Priceline hotels. Hopefully, you won't have a car in tow, as it's much easier to get around downtown SF on foot or by public transportation.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you post your maximum bid we'll be happy to provide a suggested strategy for you to follow.

Also, did you try all the actual date combinations during your timeframe? Are any 2 nites within the dates you mention above acceptable or are some more desirable than others?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your replies!

I'd like to bid no more than $65 to stay in a 3 or 4 star hotel in USE, USW or FW. We'd prefer to stay Sat.-Sun, Sun-Mon, or Mon.-Tues during that week in August (14-17) but anytime up till the 20th would be fine. Are certain days less expensive than others?

Thanks for your help! This site is awesome!

I would like to book a four star hotel in USE Embarcadero area for Sun. Aug. 15- Tues. Aug. 17. My second choice is to get a 4 star hotel in the USW area. My last choice is to stay in Fisherman's Wharf for three stars. The dates of travel are not really flexible. I don't want to pay more than $65.

You have five re-bids available at the 4* level and only one re-bid available at the 3* level. I would also recommend raising your bidding limit to $70 for the USE and USW zones as we have seen quite a few instances where $65 was rejected but $70 was accepted. I will post a strategy that goes up to $70, but as it's not for me to tell you how to spend your money, you can just stop short of the last bid if you choose to keep your maximum bid at $65.

Select 4* USE:

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70.

If rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did prior.

Select 4* USW:

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70.

If rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did prior.

Select 3* FW:

Bid $65.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After bidding for about a week, I was finally successful at $64 a night at Villa Florence. Originally I tried only for 4 star hotels in the USE and USW areas. I bid up to $70 and didn't get any hits. Not wanting to spend anymore money, I tried rebidding for boutiques in the Embarcadero area. I purposely didn't bid for boutiques in the USW area because I read a few negative reviews on that PL hotel.

My successful run at PL went like this:

4 * hotel, $55 USE- rejected

4 * hotel and boutique: $60 USE and Cathedral Hill (ReBid area) --rejected

4* hotel and boutique: $61 USE, Cathedral Hill, Civic Center (ReBid area)-- rejected

4* hotel and boutique: $64 USE, Cathedral Hill, Civic Center, Fisherman's Wharf-- ACCEPTED

Hotel: Villa Florence, USE area

With tax, I'll pay $152 for two nights (Aug. 16-18). The hotel's Web site lists it at $138 a night plus tax. I figure it's a deal since I'm a wino and I hear there is a complimentary wine hour each day!! woohoo!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just returned from my trip. We had a fabulous time! The hotel was elegant, and the rooms were comfortable. The location is great-- right in Union Square. I posted more of a review of this hotel on tripadvisor.com if you'd like to read more.

Thanks for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]