Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental The Barclay

RAlexander84
By RAlexander84,
in

I am trying to surprise my wife with a combo valentine's/anniversary trip to NYC. Because of this I am hoping to be close to times square. Don't care about size of room or anything like that since it will just be a place to crash, but also dont want a roach motel. I am trying to book the trip before valentine's so I have something to give her, but was wondering what everyone thought about likelihood of getting a better rate if I wait till last minute. Also if I do book now, what would be a good starting bid and star rating. Location is number one factor would prefer Times Square or MTW.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice deal you received... and a nice Valentine's gift for your wife :)

Hope you're happy with the results. This property should work out well for your needs as it's close enough to Times Square to be "in the action" (although i suspect, and hope, that you learn this isn't where the "real" NYC action is and spend most of your time elsewhere) yet can get quiet enough at nite for when you want a bit of an escape.

In this area i also recommend you try Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) one morning for breakfast... one of the best bagels in the city and makes for a nice, and inexpensive, breakfast among locals.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have not found a thread about this anywhere and have not gotten a response from Priceline themselves. I am trying to find out when you get billed for a "name your own price" hotel or flight, when the bid is accepted or when you check in to the hotel / for the flight. I recently booked a the Intercontinental Barclay in NYC and it was taken out of my account but then a couple days later the charges where credited back to me, is this normal? HELP, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend the same way i plan every trip... have an outline of what you'd like to do, organize geographically so you can accomplish many items on the list that are near each other at the same time/day, be willing to adjust the list accordingly as some things take longer/shorter than others, leave spaces of 'free time' to account for things that come up that you hadn't thought of (which also makes it easier to adjust your list as some things take longer than anticipated).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]