Hotwire Hotel: New to Bidding, advice appreciated

cmbaird
By cmbaird,
in

I have flight confirmed for travel to Maui 2/4 - 2/9 and am using this trip to propose to my girlfriend. (cross your fingers) She does not know obviously but expressed she would really like to stay at the Westin - and I'm trying to make this happen. I was sorting of hovering around until the last minute to see if any deals would appear but it's getting down to the wire. Obviously there are no guarantees, but can I get some advice on how to bid, whether I should be on priceline/hotwire or both. Any advice from recent travelers would be greatly appreciate. Worse case scenario I'll probaby have to bite the bullet and pay 320 a night but I'd love to try to work something out so I can pay 250 a night so I can afford to eat/drink while we are there! Thanks in advance for all the advice!

Cam

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your upcoming proposal.

With PRICELINE there is no way to target a specific property, so if you're trying in partiuclar for the Westin, PRICELINE is probably not a good option.

With HOTWIRE you can sometimes identify the property before your purchase based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase. You can see the amenities associated with previous reports for the Westin in our Hotwire Hotel List, but unfortunately, searching HOTWIRE for your dates does not turn up this property.

What i believe is the Hyatt is showing up for ~$235/nite, and hotel direct rates for your dates start at $395/nite, so this would be a very good deal, but not sure if the Westin or your Wallet will win out :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or if you do end up booking direct, please note that we're an affiliate fo the Westin and please use this previous link, or the one in our support page, to begin your purchase)

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]