Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Downtown) Holiday Inn Harbor View

TravelGuy
By TravelGuy,
in

Holiday Inn Harbor View

$92 on ichotelgroup.com

$51 on Hotwire

Finally saw this come up on Hotwire after looking on and off for the last couple of months and making a couple of PL bids up to $45.

First bid of $38 for 2.5* Downtown failed. Added Coronado @$41.

(A tiny chance I could have been upgraded to 3* in Coronado, but I was open to a surprise.)

Check-In Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Check-Out Date: Thursday, August 26, 2004

Your Offer Price: $41.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $82.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $16.18

Total Charges: $98.18

I like the vibe of this place - unpretentious, surprisingly nice rooms, unique design, great views, walk to Little Italy - and half the price of the Manchester Hyatt.

You can disagree (and that is what is great about message boards is that differing opinions can be shared) but i have found that most of the time govt. and other membership rates are based upon/derived from the pervailing traditional rate.

I haven't looked at this indepth, but I don't think i've seen instances where a a traditional rate remained constant while the govt. or AAA rate varied during the same time period. In other words, there always seems to be a direct correlation between the 'regular rate' and the 'membership rate'.

Maybe it's just early but i'm not sure if i'm being clear, so i'll give an example of what i'm trying to say:

Rate Sample 1:

Traditional Rate $100/nite

Govt Rate $85

Rate Sample 2:

Traditional Rate $129/nite

Govt Rate $99

So given the above, i don't think that you'd find a situation where the Traditional rate is $129 and the govt rate is $85. The membership rate is based upon the prevailing traditional rate.

Just my .02

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you post your winning bid for Hyatt La Jolla,what are the dates?I don"t see it posted and I will be there on 9/3 and need another room.There rate is $189 for 9/3 and I have bid up to $90 w/o any luck.

Thereuare: Yes, I see what you're saying. However, my experience has been that the government and/or AAA rates aren't alway listed on the hotel websites. Their appearance seem to be a function of occupancy rates, which is useful information. Generally it seems that when the hotel is close to being sold out, there may be only one rate displayed - if low occupancy, many rates.

For example, with the Best Western Coronado, they give a government rate for 8/24-26, but *not* for tonight, 8/8 (and likely many other relatively high occupancy dates). So the dates with the government rate listed are most likely substantially lower occupancy, which *might* mean a good or lower than usual PL rate (assuming they participate on PL), because they might very well be more aggressively looking for business.

Did you post your winning bid for Hyatt La Jolla,what are the dates?I don"t see it posted and I will be there on 9/3 and need another room.There rate is $189 for 9/3 and I have bid up to $90 w/o any luck.

Yes, I did post it. I'll be there a week before you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]