Hotwire Hotel: Phoenix/Scottsdale area newbie needs advice

nld11712
By nld11712,
in

Visiting Scottsdale 3/15/09 - 3/19/09. Family trip so the pool is important, would like a suite. It's spring break, and spring training so i'm not sure how great the deals will be. Thinking resort level, north phoenix/possibly Scottsdale around $100-$120 or less ofcourse. Any advice would be helpful.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

...would like a suite
PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservation are for standard rooms, so you're not likely to get a suite when using the opaque providers (unless you're refering to 'all-suite' properties such as Hyatt Place Suites, Embassy Suites, etc)
Family trip so the pool is important...
You can't guarantee a hotel with a Pool when bidding on PRICELINE (unless you're bidding 'Resorts' at which point i think it could be assumed that the hotel would have a pool) OR you can use HOTWIRE and choose a property which shows a Pool icon.

How many rooms are you seeking? How many guests? What type of star rating are you looking for?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

New at this so please bare with me :)

$79 4* Scottsdale 3/15-3/19

only expanded amenities listed were:

pool, restaurant, bus. center, high speed internet, tennis nearby

Also what do you think about this one same dates:

$112 3.5* Scottsdale, trip advisor 3.5 circles 100+reviews last review oct 08

Resort, fitness, pool, restaurant, high speed internet, golf nearby, tennis nearby

Millenium?

If anyone knows what they are do you have opinions on which one is better for relaxing by the pool and shopping?

Thanks

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The 4* has not yet been identified and the amenities are too common or vague to make much of an educated guess. If i had to take a stab at it i'd think the Hilton without the Golf icon that had previously been associated with it, but there is no evidence of this and really no confidence in this guess. EDIT to ADD: if you are interested in the Hilton, change your HOTWIRE search to 4adults (instead of 2adults/2children) and a 4* hotel in this zone, at the same price, appears with the same amenities except with the addition of a Golf icon, and Tripadvisor rating of 4.0/5.0 and 40+ reviews.. this is a match for the Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas and that woudl be our best guess. Although i think the 2adults/2children property is the same one as this, it would be a bit 'safer' buying it as 4adults/0children since the amenities match previous reports for this property as well as it shows a Tripadvisor rating which matches the Hilton.

The 3.5* is a match for the Millenium so that would be our best guess for that one.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further helpl

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's possible as HOTWIRE has changed the boundary of the Scottsdale and North Scottsdale zone so that the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center is now in the Scottsdale zone... but i'm going to stick with my guess of the Hilton.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]