Priceline Hotel: look for 4* hotel close to Euro Star Train Station in Paris

tweetybird
By tweetybird,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Start with Google Maps to find the location of the train station and then compare that to PRICELINE's zones of Paris to determine which zone(s) are closest and will work well for your needs. Somebody who knows Paris better than i do can confirm, but i'm guessing the Eurostar leaves from Gare du Nord which appears to be in PRICELINE's (Batignolles - Montmartre - Republique) zone... but note that the zone covers much more ground than the area immediately surrounding Gare du Nord and there are parts of other zones which are closer to the train station should you land something on the outskirts of the Batignolles - Montmartre - Republique zone. Since i assume you're only arriving/depating from the train station do you have other reasons to make this zone your "base" for a 4 nite trip?

Once you confirm the train station location let us know the zone(s) you're willing to bid as well as your minimum star rating and maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you are taking the EuroStar to London, it does indeed leave from the Gare du Nord. I don't know about other destinations. Most trains in Paris leave from the station that is in the general direction of where you are heading. (Gare de l'Est takes you to Strasbourg, for example.)

Gare du Nord is not an area I would want to stay, although apparently others do. The metro line goes directly into the Gare du Nord, and I believe you can use escalators the whole way up so you don't have to worry about heavy luggage. The www.ratp.fr site is for the Paris metro and has an English link. Somewhere in there you can verify if the stations have stairs, escalators, or elevators.

Particularly if you are alone, I wouldn't choose the Batignolles/Montmartre/Republique area. Too many really seedy places you could get stuck in.

Hi, I am new to priceline and I am trying to look for 4* hotel close to Euro Star Train Station in Paris from May 10-May14. Can anyone plesse hekp tell me about the price range and the area and how to bid the hotel

Thank you for the info. Actually I am flying in Pairs but will leave to London taking Euro star, so the Train Station is indeed Gare du Nord. This is my first trip to Paris and want to see as much as we can for 4 days. Since we are all females and we would like to stay in a much safer area. I am willing to pay about USD 90-110 range hotels per nite. We would like to stay in a hotel which is within walking distance to metro.

How many women are in your party? A Priceline room, particularly in Paris, typically only holds two people.

Although the train station area should be safe, many people do consider it somewhat seedy (although I think rather improved over the past few years). Are you sure you want the Gare du Nord area for your stay?

We are trying to get two rooms and I think we should stay in areas that consider more safe. Any idea which district?

I would stick to these zones:

As a female traveler also, I would say that the areas where you are most likely to be verbally harassed (but not physically harmed) are in certain outlying districts. It's hard to describe without drawing a map, and like I said, I don't think you will be in any physical danger. If anyone bothers you, just ignore him. I would stick to these zones in order to remain reasonably central and near transportation and in good areas:

Opera Quarter East - Les Halles

St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My Mom, Sister & I went to Paris this summer, just us girls. We booked with Hotwire - 4 * Paris (Eiffel Tower - Musee dOrsay - Invalide)

Hotel Amenities - Restaurant / High-speed Internet / Business Center

Received the Paris Hilton Eiffel Tower. We had no problem getting a cot & having a 3rd person in the room, but had to pay a little extra.

We loved the area & felt very safe to walk at all hours of the night. The metro & RER subway stations are really close, no problem walking distance. Learn how to use the subway system, it is very easy and cheap....we are 3 girls from a small Canadian town and have never been on a subway & did fine. We didn't have a problem by not speaking French, most people can speak English and were very friendly & helpful...I don't know where the reputation came from...

We took a bus & then the subway from airport...but should have just taken a taxi it would have been just a little more expense that is what we did going back to airport.

We took the Eurostar from Gare du Nord early in the morning to London & came back after midnight the same day...We caught the subway from Gare du Nord after midnight and switched subways a couple times and walked from subway to the Hilton and felt completely safe the whole time...I wouldn't do it alone but with 3 of us I felt safe.

Loved staying by the Eiffel Tower, you could walk to the Seine & catch the Batobus to all the main attractions in Paris or the subway.....The area around the hotel is not crowded and has a really nice feeling....We would sit in the little cafe's, or go to the little market and have a picnic lunch on the grass by the Eiffel Tower....Oh how I miss Paris.

Pictures of our room & stuff are on webshots (krisikorner)

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/566367280RoNFLH

Robyn

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]