Priceline Hotel: Would like some help / advice

devssm
By devssm,
in

First of all i would like to thank everyone for this very informative and helpful forum.

After going through the various posts and some great tips / advice from the mods and other experienced people here, I decided to give priceline a try.

I wanted to clear some doubts i have about priceline booking process.

My requirement is to book a room for 3 ppl for 3 nights from 10th April to 13th April. Priceline "Quote you Price" doesn't give me a option to select no of guests in the rooms and defaults to standard 2ppl / room / night. How do i go about selecting more than 2 guests? Is it possible at all if not can i go ahead get the room for 2 ppl and request for room with 2 queen by contacting the hotel directly after winning on Priceline or to do it at check in?

or

should i just the hotwire route as it gives me the option to select no of guests per room?

As bbbb mentioned, PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed, not two. If you have three people and don't mind having one of those people sleep in a chair or something along those lines, you may want to consider PRICELINE. However, if you want to guarantee some sort of bedding (whether it be 2 beds or 1 bed + sofabed), HOTWIRE is the way to go.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links.

Thanks for your quick reply bbbb & Aaron

am planning to go for a 5* in strip north area, looking at previous winnings i could get likes of Wynn, trump or venetian.. are hotels like those mentioned cool with 3 ppl occuping the room when the booking says 2? Or something like 20$ trick to the check in agent should take care of it.. this would be my first visit to vegas so want to make sure i have all my bases covered :)

Thanks once again

Regardless of which hotel you receive, i would NOT have everyone go to the check-in desk upon arrival... the Wynn website charges $50/pp for occupancy over two, i think many have 'gotten away' with more than double occupancy at the Venetian (and Palazzo) if they didn't declare the extra guests and had them sleep on the pull-out sofa, but expect a room with only one bed at each of these properties (two bedded rooms are, iirc, $30 extra per nite)... not sure of Trump.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]