in

Your Offer Price: $56.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $56.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$15.44

Total Charges: $71.44

Bidding history: during NORMAL times I would only expect to pay about $35 or so per night and was hoping to get the Springhill Suites. Really wanted Kings Island area but with it being a summer Friday night plus a pro tennis tournament in town most of the area rooms were booked. Had three different users bid and used numerous free rebids starting at $35 per night.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for posting and sharing your win with the board... and adding another hotel to our lists!

Was this hotel nice? I tend to think, and have typically seen, Candlewoods rated as a 2* property. Have you received the Springhill Suites before on a Priceline bid? If so, is it too rated 3*?

THANKS! Hope your stay was a good one.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you received the Springhill Suites before on a Priceline bid? If so, is it too rated 3*?

I have stayed at the Springhill Suites (PL lists it under the Cincinnati - King's Island Vicinity rather than under the Cincy NE - Blue Ash) on a few other occasions under normal rates rather than PL bids. It is only listed as a 2*, in my eyes it is MUCH better than that, I'd much rather stay there than the nearby Holiday Inn Sharonville that PL lists as a 3*.

Thanks for clarifying the above.

But this Candlewood is a 3* on Priceline? I don't think i've evern seen one rated higher than 2* (and even Hotwire tends to rate it at 2.5*). You sentence above "It is only listed as a 2*..." appears to be refering to the Springhill Suites, but as it starts a new sentence, i'm not completely sure if you are refering to the Springhill or the Candlewood. Ratings are so subjective and each service can rate the same property very different, so we try to keep star rating references to how Priceline rates them for Priceline wins and how Hotwire rates them for Hotwire wins.

Thanks for your help on this... i'm just trying to make sure we've got it all right. This is what we currently have:

3* Candelwood Suites (Blue Ash zone)

2* Springhill Suites (King's Island zone)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

MY SINCERE APOLOGIES - the Candlewood Suites Cincy NE Blue Ash is designated by PL as a 2*, NOT a 3* as I carelessly made a typo in the thread title. If you have the capability please feel free to correct the title to reflect that this is indeed a 2* property. Sorry about that...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]