Priceline Hotel: Toronto zone bidding recommendations?

Jalenn
By Jalenn,
in

Hello! I'm going to a few games of the World Baseball Classic in Toronto in March. My specific needs are two rooms, from 3/6/09-3/10/09. Ideally, I'd like to pay no more than $45 per room (before fees and such). A 2 or 2.5 star hotel is fine with me.

I abhor paying for parking, and I will have a car. My only plan right now is to avoid bidding for the downtown zone, because I figure any hotel I get will charge me for parking. That being said, I don't want to be more than 30 minutes or so from downtown, by car, if I need to drive there for the games (as opposed to figuring out public transportation).

Given the above, could you recommend zones I can comfortably bid for, or a bidding strategy? I'd be much obliged!

Hmm - according to the pinned list, the only Don Valley Priceline hotel identified thus far is the Crowne Plaza, which charges $12 for parking according to its website.

I've decided to aim for a 3-star in Mississauga, since many reviews put it at 30 minutes from downtown and no one's mentioned paying for parking. I just tried it (using the PRICELINE link here) at $28 - rejected, and received a counter offer of $35. I added Toronto East as a free rebid zone, and bid $30 - also rejected, with a counteroffer made of $38.

I'll rebid in 24 hours, at $32 or $33. Will followup!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]