Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (CBD) JW Marriott

bp traveler
By bp traveler,
in

I have been unsuccessul in trying to bid a 4* for the French Qtr or CBD for 10/15 -10/18 (3 nights). I was successful back a couple of months ago and got the JW Marriott for $63. Now I need one more room for friends and have been unsuccesful utilizing free rebids up to $84. They have booked a back up that is cancelable at the Hampton.

Thanks for any advice!

Not really sure there's much else you can do except lower your star quality or raise your maximum bid... rates must have increased substantially since you had bid this as rates currently seem quite high.

There is a 4* on Hotwire in the Downtown zone for $77/nite which appears to be the Hyatt or the Omni... my guess is the Hyatt, which gets MIXED REVIEWS.

You may be able to get the Hyatt cheaper on Priceline as it is rated a 3* there, but this also subjects you to other 3* hotels in the zone which may/may not have a better location for you.

What is the back-up rate at the Hampton Inn?

Let us know how you want to go (lower rating, raise maximum bid, or wait it out) and we'll suggest a strategy accordingly.

Also, it would be appreciated if you posted your JW Marriott win as in a new thread as it will add another datapoint for this area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you think that we are early enough out to just keep trying - we really want the other room at the JW Marriott but don't want to pay rack rates!!! I keep hoping that more inventory will open up, I see others get rooms for $50-$60 there only a month or so out.

What is the highest that you think we should bid at this point?

The cancellable back up is for $140.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]