Priceline Hotel: Bidding assistance requested for New Years

YidInTheATL
By YidInTheATL,
in

Can anybody suggest a strategy for bidding on a hotel room for four nights 12/28/04 to 01/01/05. In order of preference I'd like to try the following zones: MTW, UMT, MTE, MTS. I have a budget of $110 ($130 incl. tax) per night. Is it likely that I'll be able to find a 4* in this price range? I'd be prepared to go down to a 2.5* or 3* but ideally I'd like a 4*. Shall I also include UWS and UES or will I be ok? Can anybody offer me any advice?

Thanks!!!! :)

I'm very doubtful you'll be successful at $110 for a 4* hotel. New Years Eve is one of the busiest hotel nites in the city (thanksigving is the another time) and there's no reason for hotels to sell deeply discounted inventory as they can likely fill it on their own at hgher prices. I think any success you have at this point would be due to a hotel not being diligent in updating their future rates.

There is a good chance that your limit won't be enough for a 2.5* or a 3* hotel. A bit higher and you might have a shot, but i doubt $110 will be sufficient. I'll be happy to supply a strategy anyway, but before i do, what will you do if you're not successful with Priceline?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Considering the price, the REVIEWS seem pretty good for this property.

If you want to try to beat this i would:

Select 4* (two re-bid zones available) and all four midtown zones you are considering

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110.

If that's rejected i would:

Select 3* (one re-bid zone available) and all four midtown zones you are considering

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110.

I wouldn't bid 2.5* as i don't know if taking a random hotel at that level will be better than what you already have.

The last option you have is to split your bid as i think you may be able to find a hotel at your $110 limit for the first 2 nites of your stay but it's the rate jump for the last 2 nites that will prove to be more difficult.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]