Priceline Hotel: Resort Key West Casa Marina Resort Waldorf Astoria

janinedg
By janinedg,
in

I noticed PRICELINE recently added the Casa Marina Resort to its Resort category. Any ideas of how much you can get this for in season (looking to travel the weekend of 2/27-3/1 in particular) or another Key West resort? I started my bid at $150 and was rejected. In the same 24 hr period I increased the bid up to $210 and was still rejected. I thought you couldn't bid for same dates and star in a 24 hour period, but I was never prohibited from doing so in my account. Not sure if this makes a difference as to why I was rejected.

Welcome to the site. :)

This hotel may be on PRICELINE's retail side, but it seems to appear very rarely on the bidding side - doing a search, the last reported wins were in '06, when I believe this was a Wyndham property. It doesn't seem to have been reported since it became a Waldorf property.

What appears to be the Hyatt Key West Resort (Resort, Near Beach, Oceanfront, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Spa Services, 4*, Key West) is showing for these dates for $264 on HOTWIRE. If this is of interest, please use the site's HOTWIRE link.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update my status on this trip...last week, using your PRICELINE link i increased by bid up to $235, and was notified that if i increased up to $250 i would get a 4*. I didn't at this time because I wanted to wait and see if prices would go down. I also watched Hotwire, the hotel you identified as the Hyatt Key West Resort, and the prices fluctuated from $258-$267.

This morning I looked on HOTWIRE and the hyatt is no longer the 4 star option, it's the Reach Resort, which is a 3 star on PRICELINE and nowhere near as nice as the hyatt. I then tried bidding on priceline for $250, and was told I could rebid for $275. I haven't done that yet. Just realizing that in prime season, it was not a good idea to wait for prices to go down. Should have booked when you first identified the Hyatt thru HOTWIRE!! I will keep you updated on my travel plans when booked. Thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see you received the property you set out for, and while the savings are not huge on a percentage basis, it's still $50+ savings per nite. Regarding the parking and resort fee, keep in mind that those who booked conventioally pay this too, bringing their rate well over $350/nite :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board, helping us update the Priceline Hotel List, and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding

Have a great stay... have a drink at the Monkey Bar (is that still there?) and look for the guy who walks around with a cat sitting the back of a dog and a mouse sitting on the back of the cat (is he still there??)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Since I booked the reservation on PRICELINE, I've watched the rates drop each week. They're now $249 (and I could have got it for close to $230 with a AAA discount). Of course this is frustrating! I've never had much luck bidding in Key West...tough zone! The good news is I called the front desk of the hotel and spoke to a friendly gentleman named Wayne to explain the situation. He upgraded me to an ocean view room! This justifies the price difference. Note that I tried asking for an upgrade before when I spoke to the general waldorf astoria line with no luck. Make sure to call the front desk of the actual resort.

You'll almost never receive upgrades from the general reservation number as they typically don't have any authority to do so... if you're looking for upgrades or any special requests it should always be done directl at the hotel property level.

Glad to hear you got the upgrade and still makes this a good deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]