Hotwire Hotel: 3* Cancun (City Center) Sotavento Hotel and Yacht Club

trinigerman
By trinigerman,
in

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The 4* is a match for the Hyatt Regency Cancun so that would be our best guess for that one... the 3* has not yet been identified.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are never any guarantees (nor do we give any :) ), but i'd go as far to say that "i'd be surprised if this wasn't the Hyatt Regency". Also, to confirm, there are a few Hyatt properties in Cancun, the one i'm refering to is the Hyatt Regency Cancun at Blvd Kukulcan Km 8.5, Cancun, Quintana Roo 77500.

As well, note that the first review at HERE mentions that it's Oceanfront, but not Beachfront:

The pools were gorgeous but there was no access to the beach from this hotel. I had read from the guide book before arrival that there would be shuttle buses going to and from between Hyatt Regency and Hyatt Caribe and that we could use the facilities at Hyatt Caribe. Anyway, I was told that the hotels have different management now and we were not allowed to use the facilities and beach at Hyatt Caribe anymore. If necessary, we could ask for a wristband and go to the beach in front of the hotel next to NH krystal since they had a contract with Hyatt Regency.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again. Just wanted to get an idea on how sure you felt about the pick and trust me I know there are no guarantees :) . It adds adrenaline to that 'surprise' confirmation you get when you actually book I guess.

From doing some more in depth checks, I'd have to say I agree with the HYATT ID on the 4*. From hunting around though, I'm guessing Holiday Inn Express Cancun for the 3* hotel, although I can't quite figure out the BOUTIQUE identifier. What do you think?

I assume you bought the 3* in your first post above described as:3* hotel in Cancun City Center Vicinity

Amenities Include:

Boutique Hotel

Beachfront

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List

If you didn't, it would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]