Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* DC (White House-Capitol Hill) Sofitel Lafayette Square

dandel
By dandel,
in

Best guess is that this is the Hilton Washington (1919 Connecticut Ave. NW), downgraded to 3.5*. There is no evidence of the downgrade taking place, but HOTWIRE is in the process of reevaluating their star rating systemwide so it's entirely possible and all the amenities and tripadvisor information matches, so that would be my best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire showed this as a 4.5* instead of a 4*, but the amenities matched the Sofitel, so I took a leap of faith and booked it. And yep, it was the Sofitel. Hooray!

4.5* Sofitel Lafayette Square

White House-Capitol Hill

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

Booked for $132 for one night on 2/2/09, 1 adult

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear it went well and you received the hotel you were hoping for.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link for your purchase and sharing your results with the board, helping us update this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to extend my stay by one day, and was able to get another night at the Sofitel for the same price on Feb 3.

4.5* Sofitel Lafayette Square

White House-Capitol Hill

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

Booked for $132 for one night on 2/3/09, 1 adult

I used the HOTWIRE link, as usual.

Glad you were able offered the same hotel thru HOTWIRE and won't need to change hotels during your stay.

Since this is a continuous stay we've edited the topic title to reflect the additional nite (rather than move your post above to its own thread)

Thanks for posting and using our HOTWIRE link for your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]