Hotwire Hotel: 2* San Antonio (Six Flags) Howard Johnson Express Inn

texashighway
By texashighway,
in

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I had to pay an extra $10 plus 1.68 tax for a room with two beds. Even though it states clearly that my reservation is for one adult and one child, Hotwire Customer Service finds it perfectly acceptable to assign a man and his teenage daughter to a room with only one bed. Since rooms with two beds were obviously available, it just looks like a shakedown from Hojo to get an extra $10 from me. :)

Your HOTWIRE reservation is for double occupany... the hotel doesn't really care if it's father/daughter or brother/sister.

As well, your reservation is for a standard room and this hotel does charge extra (even thru their own website) for rooms with two beds, so i don't think it's a shakedown of PRICELINE or HOTWIRE customers.

Thanks for the follow-up as we can all now try to avoid this property, fortunately this was just a one nite stay, and hopefully your other stays this trip were more enjoyable.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire claims they will accommodate the appropriate number of guests in each room, based on the total number of guests provided and the number of rooms requested (as opposed to Priceline which only guarantees double occupancy). Now I understand that with double occupancy, Hotwire doesn't care if the other occupant is my daughter, sibling, or grandmother. So in the future, should I exaggerate the number of occupants? For example, if I want two beds, should I say there are four occupants...(for example, two adults and two children) in order to get the two beds I want? Appreciate your advice.

Yes, that is a strategy that others have employed in the past... although do note that sometimes searching for more than double occupancy limits the nubmer of hotels available for your stay and/or increases the price, so it's often best to search seprately for both double and triple occupancy to see if there is an additional cost, and if so, if 'locking up' separate beds is worth the additional expense (if applicable).

Also note that in some situations the "second bed" can be a rollaway brought into the room OR a pullout sofabed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]