Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (NMA-River North) Hilton Suites

GM Mike
By GM Mike,
in

We have a quick overnight in Chicago next week. It would be most convenient to stay in the Loop area. NMA would be ok. O'Hare would be acceptable.

Just bid up to $49 for 3.5* NMA and Loop. Will try again tomorrow. A lot of people have been getting the Hyatt on Wacker for $59 around this date and that's right about the max I would spend before just staying by the airport.

Will update tomorrow. Using the board's PRICELINE link.

While I'm understanding on having a budget max, given the VERY cold weather, I'd stick with Loop and NMA....I would not want to stay out by ORD at this time of year if it wasn't ab-so-lutely necessary. Trains from ORD take a long time as is, and given cold/snow, that time will likely be extended - especially during rush hour periods.

Typically I would agree with you, AaronJB... but on this trip we only need to be in the city for a few hours, so staying by the airport isn't all that much of a hardship. In fact, depending on the hotel, it would almost be easier to stay by the airport rather than one of the hotels on the far side of NMA.

But even given all of that, I'm still trying for downtown. Just something nicer about it. :)

Noticed that there seemed to be a lot of new inventory on Hotwire tonight. So I went to PL and bid up to $52 in the Loop 3.5* with no luck. Also bid $43 for NMA 3.5* and got a counteroffer for $55. Based on that, I inched up to $49 without a win. Assuming inventory is the same tomorrow, I've got to be within a few $.

Went bidding again tonight. Looked like some new inventory again on hotwire (Doubletree Mag Mile and Palmer House, apparently) so I figured I might have some luck.

Bid up to $53 3.5* Loop with no hits. Then I bid up to $50 in NMA and WON...

Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile

North Michigan Ave - River North Area

198 E. Delaware Place

Chicago, Illinois 60611

312-664-1100

Check-In Date:

Tue, Jan 13, 2009 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Wed, Jan 14, 2009 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $50.00

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $15.02

Total Charges*: $65.02

Previous losing bid was $48. This is an UPDATE for the hotel list... It's formerly the 4* Doubletree Guest Suites. It's listed as an unknown right now but it looks like they downgraded it to 3.5* after the renovation. This is a hotel with which I am very familiar from my days working in the industry in Chicago. :)

Showing a hilton.com "Best Available Rate" of $129 and AAA of $114, savings of 56%.

Used the betterbidding PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see PRICELINE came thru for you within your desired budget.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding and for sharing your results with the board, confirming this property's continued participation with HOTWIRE since it was converted from a Doubltree Guest Suites.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]