Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast) Allerton

asmit4
By asmit4,
in

I have a 4* NMA, WT, GC hotel

It's for 76.00/nt. 1/23-1/25

Fitness, Business, Restaurant, Internet

I know it's either Drake, Knickerbocker, or Westin.

My question is that I've noticed that in the past- Drake and Westin have shown various tripadvisor details (like 4.0/5 out of 355 reviews) and the hotel above does not. Can anyone tell me if the Drake and Westin are still showing tripadvisor details? If they are-then I can better assume that it's the knickerbocker which is the hotel I truly want as it's just been remodeled and looks amazing!

Unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure, as TA details seem to sometimes come and go on HOTWIRE.

I have to say, however, you can't go wrong with any of those three possibilities. While the renovated Knickerbocker looks very nice, the Drake is a gorgeous hotel and the Westin's a nice property, too. If you get the Drake, the Knickerbocker is pretty much across the street, so you can peek in the lobby and take a look. The Westin is only a couple blocks South of the Knick, too.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link and let us know how it goes.

We've even seen Tripadvisor ratings appear/disappear from search-to-search for the same hotel for the same dates, so i dont' think this information can/should be used to increase your confidence in one hotel vs. another.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have a 4* NMA, WT, GC hotel

It's for 75.00/nt. 1/23-1/25

Fitness, Business, Restaurant, Internet

I thought for sure that it was Drake/Knickerbocker or Westin but it ended up being the Allerton? Is that even on the list on betterbidding???

Not that we are upset- well maybe a titch, but thats' what you get for booking a great deal :) It's a nice hotel so we'll be fine with it.

The Allerton has been previously reported as a 3.5* win, but HOTWIRE was showing it as a 4* in it's 'vacation packages' section with those amenities, so there was an indication that the star rating had changed to 4*. I guess you have just confirmed it :)

Star ratings can and do change at any time, so it's not uncommon for this to happen.

Still a great price though for the hotel. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for sharing it with the board.

I know someone said recently somewhere on these boards that they called hotwire or priceline and fought with them and got a refund due to issues they had with the hotel before they even stayed there.

We are booked at the Allerton- given the bad reviews and virtually everywhere BUT hotwire claiming it to be a 3 star maybe 3.5 star at best and the price we paid I would like to try and fight it and get our $$$ back.

Turns out we can book the Allerton for 196 including taxes and be guaranteed a king size bed AND breakfast each morning. Meanwhile I paid only 17.00 less and could end up with a double bed. I've never heard of a 4 star hotel with 1 double beds.

I realize I took a chance and I might be scr ewed but I'm going to try and fight it if I can. I don't see how anybody could compare the likes of the knickerbocker or the drake to a double bedded room at the Allerton.

Never mind...seems like I've seen it as a 4 star on some sites too...we'll just suck it up and try to get the check in desk to give us at least a queen or 2 doubles. That's what you get for booking on a cheapy site :) First time I've been burned and I've used both priceline and hotwire at least 10 times. It was bound to happen at some point.

Sorry to hear you didn't receive one of the hotels you were expecting.

I did read a couple of negative reviews, but overall the reviews for this property seem good to me (although small rooms). I'm sure AaronJB will post when he sees this and give some insight/tips/suggestions.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List.

If you didn't, please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes well and it's better than you expect.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Allerton has been recently renovated (might that have been what they presented to get from 3.5 to 4*? Who knows), and that will hopefully lead to a better experience than some of the earlier reviews indicate. In terms of small rooms, unfortunately it's an old hotel and that's a common issue with older properties. The hotel is location, location, location - you can't get much better than the Allerton's location right on Michigan Ave.

Never mind...seems like I've seen it as a 4 star on some sites too...we'll just suck it up and try to get the check in desk to give us at least a queen or 2 doubles. That's what you get for booking on a cheapy site :) First time I've been burned and I've used both priceline and hotwire at least 10 times. It was bound to happen at some point.

how can you say you've been burned when you haven't even checked into the hotel? Just think of the desk clerk as your new best friend, mention that this stay is for a special occasion and request your bedding preference with a smile :) While you're at it, mention the breakfast package and ask the clerk for breakfast coupons, what's the worst that can happen....the clerk says NO? Good Luck, let the board know how you make out with this stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]