Priceline Hotel: help with a stay in san jose

GIRLEGIRL7101
By GIRLEGIRL7101,
in

I am not new to the bidding world but I still would like some input. We want to go to the car show in downtown san jose this weekend. Where should we stay? We normally stay at county in a suites( yet I havent seen many get this or try for it) We love the free breakfast. We have stayed at the beverly hairage before it was done remodling. so i was thinking this one because its cheaper. What about staying downtown? how is it? whats the cost for parking? Any other free breakfast?

As you can't choose your hotel with PRICELINE i'm not really sure what information you're seeking. As well, one would need to know your expected budget, dates of stay, and what type of hotel you're looking for from this stay in order to advise on a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE suggestion.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What about staying downtown? how is it? whats the cost for parking? Any other free breakfast?

You'll probably pay to park downtown and you probably won't get a free breakfast. If you want Downtown anyhow because it's closest to the auto show then you might favor HOTWIRE over PRICELINE. Hotwire has separate zones for Downtown San Jose and San Jose Airport. On Priceline it's all one San Jose zone and if you bid there you might win a hotel by the airport.

Milpitas often has excellent values, with Priceline 3* and 3.5* in the $40's, all with free parking. Probably not free breakfast though.

Having done bidding for almost every week for the last six months for San Jose at 3*, I can pretty much guarantee that for between $40 and $50 in San Jose you'll get the Holiday Inn, the Wyndam or [less often] the Radison Plaza. Add Milpitas to the mix and you get the Beverly Heritage and [once] the Crown Plaza. All are free parking, none have a free breakfast. I've tried 2.5* as low as $31 with no luck. Seems the 3*+ are the real deals.

The only suggestion I would make if the above doesn't work would be to try 4* San Jose $55 to $65. You might end up downtown and you'll certainly pay parking.

Good luck. I'd be curious to see what you get in the end.

• 5 years later...

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please remember to close your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if the decision was to cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]