Hotwire Hotel: 4* Cayman Islands Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Dougj193
By Dougj193,
in

Hi - new time user and would appreciate your help. Grand Cayman Feb 11-15th for $169 on a 4 star hotwire - still a bit confused how this all works but have a feeling I will be a regular. Amenities are - Resort, Beachfront, Oceanfront, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center and High Speed Interenet. I want to stay on 7 mile beach.... Thanks again. Doug - Montclair NJ

According to vacation packages on hotwire which I saw someone else do - the amenities all match up for Grand Cayman Beach Suites which are going for $550 a night - can this be?? I dont understand how to use the map part - it seems to put a letter A in a different section of the island from where this hotel is but I am not sure if I am looking at this right???

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you re-run your HOTWIRE search, click the CONTINUE button next to this offering, then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see additional amenities than the eight you've posted above? (you may need to copy/paste the contents of the 'see all amenities' link to a text program to see them all since the page doesn't scroll)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

According to vacation packages on hotwire which I saw someone else do - the amenities all match up for Grand Cayman Beach Suites which are going for $550 a night - can this be?? I dont understand how to use the map part - it seems to put a letter A in a different section of the island from where this hotel is but I am not sure if I am looking at this right???

yes - there is also golf nearby, spa services and childrens activity program

The amenities do match that of the Grand Cayman Beach Suites so that would be our best guess too.

One caveat though, is that this HOTWIRE property shows a Tripadvisor rating of 4.0/5.0 with 120+ reviews. The number of reviews of the Grand Cayman Beach Suites is consistent with this information, but Tripadvisor currently gives this property 4.5/5.0 stars. Note that the information displayed by HOTWIRE is not updated dynamically, it is a snapshot taken at one point in time (in this instance i think about 3 weeks ago, if i recall the last update correct). The last report for this property was a 5* which may have been the tipping point to bring this property from 4.0 (the current rating hotwire shows) to 4.5* (the current rating Tripadvisor shows), but can't be certain.

So while the Grand Cayman Beach Suites is our best guess, the incosistency in the Tripadvisor information casts a small shadow of doubt (which could potenially be 'explained' as per the above scenario... especially since i don't see any other properties in this area with a similar number of Tripadvisor reviews).

You could see if this property appears for the first nite or two (or last nite or two) of your stay and then again for the balance... buy 1 or 2 nites to 'see what it is', if you're happy purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay (and try two different properties)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

you have been very helpful - one last question - i called hotwire just to ask about they map (which shows nothing) and they said that if the hotel was a suite hotel - an S would be in the amenities indicating its a suite. I believe all of these are suites at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites (formelly Hyatt), so perhaps this is not the one. I also noticed the trip advisor thing you were talking about. Thanks again

Done - and I must say that I am stunned using your HOTWIRE link for the first time. I won on a bid for the Grand Cayman Beach Suites at $169 a night, 4 nights for a total of 808.00 which includes all fees and taxes. This is an all suite hotel, extremely highly rated on every site on 7 mile beach, and every suite has an ocean view. Every other travel site has these going for $550.00 per night - thru Expedia this whole thing would have come out to about $2,600. with all fees and taxes included. I dont know what to say.................

Congratulations on your success... always happy to see a user save money and be ecstatic with the results!

The information you received from the HOTWIRE rep is not accurate (as you can now attest). While the hotel will have all the amenities that HOTWIRE shows to be associated with the hotel... not all the amenities offered by the hotel necessarily have to be shown by HOTWIRE. The most common example i usually give is the "hi-speed internet" icon, while almost all 'major' chains now offer this as an amenity (wired, if not wireless), there are still some hotels, even at 3* and higher, which don't show this amenity icon, even though the service is offered at the property.

Glad to see you gave it a shot and it went as you had hoped... an excellent deal and we're happy to have helped.

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and for sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]