CA San Diego Town and Country Resort Mission Valley

SVTPoke
By SVTPoke,
in

In a nutshell, this place is a disaster. This was listed as a 3 star on Hotwire and when I found out it was the Town & Country Resort, I called them to make sure the room was non-smoking and it had two beds. I was assured it was taken care of. When we arrived on 12/27/08 and got to the room, I found a King size bed in a room that was barely larger than the bed. It was so small, there wasn't room for a roll away. We went back to the counter and told the employee that there had been a mistake as we were given a King size bed instead of two beds. I was told since it is a resort hotel, they only guarantee a room. When I told the employee that I had called earlier and was assured we had been given two beds, the employee changed her story and said our room was occupied by others and they couldn't make them leave. I had the employee call Hotwire and explain to them what was happening and the Town & Country Resort employee stated they could give us a roll away. I then spoke with the Hotwire employee and explained to her what was going on and was refunded the cost immediately. Cudos to Hotwire. There was a lady standing next to me who had booked thru Orbitz and they didn't even have her reservation. She was there for an hour and when we left, she still didn't have a room. So what I saw was a room the size of a King size bed, parking was $14.00 a day, there was a charge for wi-fi and there was no free breakfast. I can't find one good thing to say about this place.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]