Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Airport SFO) Embassy Suites

DeltaPurser
By DeltaPurser,
in

I've edited the title to reflect your actual date.

This is an important post as this hotel used to be rated 4* and then one day 4* bidding was no longer offered in the zone! :) It was suspected that this hotel was downgraded to 3* and you have confirmed it... THANKS!

Hope you were there in time for the manger's reception.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is an interesting "win" for a number of reasons. First, of course, because of the reason Thereuare stated. Second because it's obvious none of the usual 3* players in this zone (Hyatt, Sheraton, Westin & Doubletree) "hit" between $35 & $60. When the usual hotels don't seem to have Priceline inventory for a given date, it often results in the discovery of a higher priced property. Good to finally confirm this hotel still participates w/Priceline, if even at a substantially higher rate than all the other 3* we see so often in this zone.

It's also interesting that I just bought this property from Hotwire a few days ago for $58. Hotwire is generally always higher than Priceline, but not so in this particular case.

As to any possible upgrade, I agree with bbbb it would be great if it were returned to 4* status w/Priceline. But if I know how Priceline rates hotels, the property can renovate all they want, but until they add the amenities Priceline requires of a 4* hotel, I doubt we'll see it happen.

Well, we were given a room in need of some serious updating, so as far as I'm concerned, it was at most a 3* hotel.

Our bill, which had been slipped under our door the morning of departure, showed that PL had paid $59 for the room.

As far as Hotwire room costing more than PL, I've noticed at one of the hotels in Florida (I happened to see a list of guests and the rates they paid) that accepts guests from both PL and Hotwire that the Hotwire rate is actually $2 less than PL, but with their fees higher than PL it ends up costing a little more.

DeltaPurser :)

I had a few problems at this hotel last July (2003) and after a few letters to Hilton corp I had a free night from both Hilton and the hotel.So when I was there in July 2004 I had a real nice room,it might have had something to do with all the notes on my reservation that were put there by the GM when I called him to make the booking this year. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]