Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) The Benjamin

MatkailijaLpr
By MatkailijaLpr,
in

Hi,

I'm searching for a hotel for my annual trip to NYC, I've usually stayed in Jersey City as you can get a better room for the same price compared to Manhattan and the hotels are typically located near PATH stations providing easy access to NYC.

I noticed a 'new' 4* hotel in Hotwire, amenities are the same as Hyatt's i.e.

Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet.

Do you know if this is the new Westin Jersey City, Newport which is opening in February (the difference to Hyatt being that there is no mention of 'Customer Favorite' and understandably no Tripadvisor rating)?

What confuses me though is that when you search for hotels in Jersey City in February and March, these two hotels are never shown at the same time in search results i.e. you either get the Hyatt or the presumed Westin which just made me wonder if they both refer to the Hyatt after all? I've stayed there a few times and liked it, however I thought I might try something different this time.

Thanks in advance (great service by the way).

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you excluding this being the Hyatt based upon the 'missing' Customer Favorite designation and TripAdvisor info? If so, i wouldn't use that information from excluding the Hyatt... while this may very well be the Westin, we have seen Customer Favorite designations for the same hotel, as well as TripAdvisor info, appear/disappear from search-to-search, so the fact that this information is 'missing' doesn't necessarily exclude it from being the Hyatt (it may increase the chances of this being the Westin, but i wouldn't necessarily exclude the Hyatt).

I've been watching them build the Westin and i don't think you can go too wrong with either... as well, the W Hoboken opens about a month after the Jersey City Westin, so there are certainly some changes coming to this area!

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been doing research for 3\14 and the 4* options that come up are for the Hyatt (at about $109)

However I did notice that on the 3\14-16 for 2A a 3.5* with

Suite Fitness Center Pool(s) Restaurant(s) Business Center High-speed Internet Access comes up at $154.

I can't ID it through the usual methods.

Any thoughts on this one??

When are the Westin and the W Hoboken expected to open?

According to the hotel website, Westin opens on February 8th, which matches the dates when the above-mentioned 4* hotel without TripAdvisor ratings appears for the first time in Hotwire. W Hoboken is due to open on April 21st so we can rule that one out.

Thanks for your help, I will keep on looking...

Decided to wrap this up as my dates are more or less fixed concerning the flights and a visit to Boston - went to Manhattan instead this time as I noticed some attractive prices on this board (got The Benjamin from Priceline for $130, I will write a separate message to the NYC - Priceline topic).

Thanks everyone for your help, it'll be interesting to see if the mystery 4* turns out to be the Westin after all.

Keep up the good work! :)

Hope I remember this correctly:

$115 4* MTE - Rejected

$118 MTE,MTW - Rejected

$120 MTE,MTW,BR - Rejected

$123 MTE,MTW,BR,CHE - Rejected

$125 MTE,MTW,BR,CHE,LIC - Rejected

$128 MTE,MTW,BR,CHE,LIC,MSG - Rejected

$130 MTE,MTW,BR,CHE,LIC,MSG,UES - Accepted by The Benjamin :)

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $130.00

Subtotal: $390.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $77.67

Total Charges*: $467.67

Quite happy with the result, after going through some other successful bids on 4* MTE/MTW hotels on this board my bidding was based on a maximum bid of $130 which finally clinched it.

Thanks for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

With rates in Manhattan so low these days it may be hard to justify staying in Jersey City (unless rates there come down as well once the new Westin, and subsequent W Hoboken, open up)

Thanks for sharing your win with the board... an excellent deal for this property.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]