Hotwire Hotel: HELP: Hawaii Waikiki

jjkanclier
By jjkanclier,
in

Hi There,

Need help determining what 5* hotel this is in Waikiki. Is it the Pink Palace? Does anybody know if $203 a night is a good deal? Seems kinda steep? Is there another hotel that is on the beach that's just as nice for less or is it worth the $$?

Thx a ton, JK

The listing says it is/has: Resort, Beachfront, Restaurants, Pools, Fitness Center, Business Center, SPA, and Children's Activities.

Take a look at the 2nd post in HAWAII HOTWIRE HOTELS.

This seems to be an exact match for the Sheraton Royal Hawaiian.

There could always be other hotels in the same zone with the same exact amenities and star rating but i feel pretty good about this guess. If you are aprehensive, since this is an extended stay and the rate is $200+, you could make sure that the same hotel appears for the first nite (or two of your stay) as well as the remaining nites. You could then book the first nite or two and if you're happy with the results you can go back and book the remainder of yoru stay.

As far as a 'good rate' or not... this hotel is on the Sheraton website for $259/nite. So while not a huge savings, it certainly adds up to significant money over the course of a one week stay.

Let us know whatever you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi There,

Need help determining what 4* hotel this is in Waikiki. We are looking for something that is on the beach with a nice place to lay out. Not interested in being near a harbor, but an actual beach where we can swim. Any idea what hotel this is, if it's nice, and if it has a good beach? Is $128 a good rate for the dates 9/25 - 10/2? Can you recommend something else?

Thx a ton, JK

The listing says it is/has: Resort, Beachfront, Restaurants, Pools, Fitness Center, Business Center, Children's Activities, and Laundry Facilities.

Using the same link above this seems to be an exact match with the 4* Sheraton Waikiki Hotel.

REVIEWS seem to be pretty good although some report that some of the rooms could use renovating.

Checking Sheraton's website shows "rates from $115/nite" but when actually searching thru the rates the best i found was $205/nite. Expedia shows best rate at $191/nite. So the Hotwire rates seems to be a good one (assuming of course we're correct on the hotel's identity).

I've never been to Hawaii :) so i don't have any first hand experience to offer. I would read up on this property and see if it meets your needs. If so, give it a try or see (as mentioned) above if the same hotel appears for 2 sub-sets of your search dates in order to confirm the hotel's identity before the longer stay.

Some people also like to split a long(er) stay between two different hotels/areas... other people prefer to stay put once they unpack, so palnning a second hotel is just another option.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody knows how far in advance one should book their hotel for Waikiki? I know prices change with the time of year one is going, but do Hotwire prices typically go up or down the closer it is to the date? I just checked the prices again for the same dates and now the prices are lower... I'm wondering will they be even lower next week, etc.

Thx, JK

I'm assuming they are only lower by a few dollars? (ie- within $10/nite or so) If so, this thread: HOTWIRE PRICES FLUCTUATING explains it.

As far as prices fluctuating substantially, this will have to do with whether the hotel books more or less room than they expect between now and then. As each day passes the hotel evaluates whether the hotel is more or less occupied than they believe they should be... if occupancy is worse than expected they may lower prices (but may not if they're already at their most discounted rate); if occupancy is better than expected they may raise rates or remove all discounted inventory entirely.

Personally i am prepared to book as soon as i know my plans are firm. I get a feel for what a good price is and then try for that... if i have the opportunity at a good price i grab it.

Couple of comments:

Checking Sheraton's website shows "rates from $115/nite"

In regards to the Sheraton Waikiki, these $115 rooms are in their lessor "Manor Wing" and can usually be booked on Starwood's website by requesting queen bedding. They also offer an $85 rate in the same wing for seniors. The Manor Wing is a part of the hotel built over and around the front entrance. Rooms are simple, a bit motel-like, but you still have access to the same hotel facilities as guests in the main building.

Just wondering if anybody knows how far in advance one should book their hotel for Waikiki?
I have noticed that Honolulu hotels seem to release inventory to PL and HW much later than in most North American cities. I would assume that they don't have the same number of last minute guests or walk-ins that properties in the lower 48 usually have. It's kind of hard and/or expensive to do a spur of the moment trip to a relatively small island thousands of miles from the mainland. It's not like you can just pack up the car and go! :)
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]