Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

Rexbard
By Rexbard,
in

Bid 1: $95 with Resort and Waikiki Beach selected. Rejected.

Bid 2: $99 with Airport added. Accepted

Sheraton Waikiki

Remote Control TV with Premium Channels

Telephone with Voicemail

Radio Alarm Clock

Iron and Ironing Board

Hairdryer

24 Hour Front Desk

Full Service Restaurant

Room Service

Bellman

Concierge

Fitness Center Access or Spa Facility

Pool

Resort activities (includes either: golf, tennis, skiing, beachfront or major attraction)

Please use this PRICELINE link for your future purchases.

I used a PRICELINE link from this site, but I did then open up multiple tabs to look at various parts of PRICELINE. If you didn't get credit, the referral must have been removed due to my bouncing around. Next time, I'll make sure I click your link right before I bid -- it's the least I can do for the money this site saves me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I am new to this site and have not used it nor priceline/hotwire before.

If someone could give me step by step instructions as to how to do this its appreciated. (do i have to sign up for hotline pricewire first?)

I am staying in hawaii from fri jan 30th to Feb 6th. (7 days)

I was thinking of trying to find a real 3 star (not something where there is noise or smoke to prevent me from getting a good night sleep) for around the 50.00 a night place (perferably a place with free parking.

The Waikiki Sherton sounded really tempting for 100.00 a night though and would very seirously consider that. I dont want to get stung though and get the wrong hotel.

My questions are.. 1. Would I get a more expensive or less expensive price by the week? (how much should I offer?)

Are there a lot of suprise fees/taxes after the offer?

If I bid, do I have to take whatever they throw at me?

Is it better to bid earlier rather than later for best deals..

Thanks in Advance.

George

Other costs found during the stay:

Internet is not free. They are building an Internet lounge which should be done around March. Until then, it's about $14 per day or $4 for 2 hours to use a wired Ethernet connection in the room.

No additional taxes and fees were charged.

I did not have a car, so I don't know if parking costs extra.

Not directly on the trolley line, there's about a 1/2 block walk through the Galleria and south to the hotel.

Taxi: airport to Hotel about $35. Ala Moana Mall to hotel, about $10 (trolley takes longer, but only $2).

They did not accept a request to extend the stay for the same $99/night that was bid, even though I was told that they have the availability.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]