Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (Downtown-SoHo-Financial) Club Quarters

nomah8
By nomah8,
in

Welcome to the boards!

I'm assuming this is the NYC (Downtown - SoHo - Financial District).

Is this the first zone and or bid that you placed for this stay? Was the internet access included in the rate? (this would be good info to know for those traveling here on business)

Thanks for sharing and hope your NYC visit was a good one.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry: Yes NYC (DT-SoHo-Financial). Tried some other bids starting with 4* at $100 in Midtown and went up in dollars, down in quality, and added more zones from there. Honestly, it was all blur because it was a last minute emergency bid and I was pretty stressed at the time (I was bidding from NYC).

Internet access is included with all rooms. There are 2 computers in their business center for all to use (they get pretty busy).

You can also get internet access from your room if you have a wireless card. If you don't have one, they are free to borrow from the front desk.

Other things to note: no tub, a just shower. A Duane Reade (Wal-Green's-type store) loacated across the street. Access to 3 Metro stations nearby (within 3 blocks). Located 1 block from NYSE. No HBO.

Oh darn - I wish I"d known about the wireless option - I stayed here a few months ago and had my PC but opted not to use it 'cause I didn't want to deal with dial-up.

It's a very conveneient location during the day but a quick caveat for weekends, especially in the summer: research carefully once you get there to find out which trains are running on regular weekend schedule and which lines are closed or re-routed for maintenance and repairs. Weekends in the sumemr can be a real hassle getting all the way back down there from midtown or above. It took me over 90 minutes to get there from midtown late on a Saturday night but I was lucky enough to share some conversation with a charming grad student who was stuck waiting on the same route. We entertained each other and the time passed quickly enough but that's a lot of time on the subway for a short distance!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]