Priceline Hotel: 4* March 8-13

mavisjavis
By mavisjavis,
in

Just won this bid yesterday. Used the PRICELINE link from this site. Lowest rate on Gran Melia's site is $168.

First bid $75 rejected, added rebid zone for $80 and it was accepted.

This was a last minute trip to Cancun and I bought my air from spirit for $29 each way yesterday too :)! So overall, I am very pleased with the outcome! :)

Just as an added tip for additional savings, if you win this resort make sure you sign up for the MAS card with SolMelia. It's free to sign-up and offers a buy 1, get 1 free breakfast each day (and a few other freebies) for all cardholders.

So, did you ask for 4 stars? are the stars on priceline the same for hotwire. i am looking for dates in march march 8 thru 13. i suspected that the gran melia was the hotel being offered in low 90's. your price is much better though. i also suspected it could be hilton. hilton does not have its own beach though, so would prefer not to have hilton.

does anyone have results for march? 4 stars? thanks. i am new to this site so any tips will be appreciated.

Welcome to the site :)

Moved this post to its own thread, since it is a separate vacation request.

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE star ratings are the same in some instances, different in others. There are listings (which are being added to as new properties are reported) for both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in regards to Mexico:

http://www.betterbidding.com/show.php/showtopic/188 - PRICELINE

http://www.betterbidding.com/show.php/showtopic/562 - HOTWIRE

What is your budget per night for these dates and is there a specific area you are looking for?

Does anyone have any comments on which hotels will be safer? My daughter and friend are going to Cancun second week of march and we are worried about reviews that indicate frat house environment. thanks. also heads up on any successful bids for that week will be greatly appreciated. mavis

During Spring Beak at almost any location where most kids will want to go expect a frat house environment. That is why they want to go.

Trust me from experience - All of Cancun will be in full-force frat party mode. I don't think Cancun is any more dangerous than any other location - she will have to be careful and street smart in all of her travels and she'll be fine. Depends what kind of atmosphere they want. Areas south of Cancun like Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen will be better for those not wanting to be a part of the rowdy crowd.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]