Priceline Hotel: 2* NYC Airports (Flushing-Whitestone) Extended StayAmerica

stevesul
By stevesul,
in

My folks live in between JFK and LGA and I need a hotel for 2 nights starting 12/26. Either JFK or a town nearby (Garden City, etc) is fine. LGA as a last option.

Garden City

3* $126 suite, breakfast, business, laundry, internet, golf, kitchenette Is this La Quinta Inn and Suites?? $149 rate on Hotels.com

Lynbrook - Rockville Centre - Freeport There is a 2.5 star and 2 star. Nothing on the list for this area. Any ideas what these are?

JFK area

I see a 3 * in JFK for $117 with complimentary breakfast and fitness. nothing matches on the hotel list. Closest match is:

3* Holiday Inn Express

Amenities: Shuttle, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry

Any idea what hotel this is??

LGA area - would prefer the other areas...I ID'd these already as a backup plan

3.5 LGA $122 shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, laundry, internet. Looks like this is the Crowne Plaza.

3 star looks like La Guardia Airport Hotel $69. Great price but the reviews are mixed.

Thanks!

The Holiday Inn LaGuardia is $94.05 on Orbitz, but if you use FABSAVE10, you get 10% off. Betterbidding Orbitz link: Orbitz.com.

I'm not seeing an all-suite property in Garden City - the La Quinta is not all suites, so this one is a head-scratcher.

The 2.5* in the Rockville Centre area has not yet been identified, but I'm guessing it may be the Holiday Inn Express. The 2* may be the Best Western in the area.

The 3* in the JFK area isn't showing up on the vacation package side and could be a number of hotels, including the Clarion. In terms of the Clarion, it's $132.99 on Orbitz - use FABSAVE10 and it's only a few bucks more than the HOTWIRE listing.

HOTWIRE link: HOTWIRE.

Thanks for the quick reply Aaron. I'll take a look at those options. That 3* in Garden City is intriguing...just figured it was LaQuinta (which was sort of far away from my folks anyway).

If you suspect the 2.5 in Lynbook is the Holiday Inn Express, then I would be only saving about $8 a night from booking via Orbitz. That seems like a decent (close) option based on reviews.

Thanks again.

Do you know what these are in LGA? I did not see any 2 or 2.5 stars on the hotwire list.

$79 2.5-star hotel in LaGuardia Airport LGA - Flushing Area ( Airport Shuttle Complimentary Breakfast Fitness Center High-speed Internet Access )

Holiday Inn Express???

$89 2-star hotel in LaGuardia Airport LGA - Flushing Area (breakfast, internet)

As a backup plan, I booked the Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing using my corporate rate of $134 (saved $15). I see some people have gotten it on Priceline for $60-65 (2 star in Flushing Whitestone). That hotel does not appear to be on Hotwire. might try priceline if I can't ID these two above.

Thanks again.

Steve

The 2.5* could be a number of properties - possibly the HI Express, Wingate, or Fairfield are possibilities.

The 2* Might be the Comfort Inn or Best Western Queens Court?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but in an airport zone like this, there's quite a number of properties that could be a match for listings such as these.

Thanks for the help Aaron.

I had booked the Fairfield near Whitestone area through marriot as a backup for $466 total. The hotel list was showing fairfield in that zone as the 2* hotel.

I tried to get a better price and bid $60 in that zone on priceline. Unfortunately, I did not get the Fairfield. I got:

Extended Stay America Efficiency Studios

Whitestone, NY Hotel

Oh well, the area is less industrial than the fairfield but I would have preferred the other one. Never stayed at an Extended Stay but the outside doesn't look 1/2 bad... http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=...456828567611564

Positive is I got the 3 nights for $233 (exactly half the price of the fairfield). I dont think I could ask for much more in NYC area (besides winning the fairfield for $60 :)

Thanks again...

Sorry to hear that it wasn't exactly what you were looking for. However, that does look like a nice Embassy Suites property, and has apparently recently been renovated. You also got it for half price, according to the website.

Thank you for reporting your win, and have a happy holiday season. :)

I wasn't enthusiastic about winning this but it turned out ok. It is a clean room in a safe area.

Drove by the Fairfield and that looks nice also. Extended Stay is walking distance to more places...as Fairfield is near junk yards. Fairfield does have a shuttle if you are taking the 7 line into Manhattan.

Here is a review I posted. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g4...g_New_York.html

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]