Priceline Hotel: 3* Columbia (Central) Courtyard by Marriott at USC

dreinke
By dreinke,
in

Even though this is a newly renovated hotel, I'm not sure I'm liking Priceline bumping Courtyards up to a 3*. I actually bid for a 2.5*, so I'm not complaining!

I bid $40 yesterday and lost. $46 today for Central only 2.5*, won first bid. They bumped it up to a 3* (not sure there are any 2.5* in the Central area).

This works out perfectly as we'll be having a conference right across the street on campus. I was worried we may actually get the Full Service Marriott Downtown which is a short drive away. So in the future if you're doing anything on-campus at SC, this is the way to go as you can walk to your destination and not have to worry about parking.

When you bid on PRICELINE you bid for a minimum star rating, so when you bid for 2.5*, you are also bidding for 3, 3.5, and 4* hotels at the same time. I guess they figure nobody will complain with a higher rated hotel :).

I'm glad you got the hotel that you wanted, and 9 rooms, wow that's a great deal.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]