Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (SFO South) Embassy Suites

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

I was surprised to see this property come up so low, and especially on a weeknight (Wed).

I've stayed here twice in the past, but at rack rates, before my Priceline & Hotwire days.

Amenity icons are still the same as was previously posted for this hotel.

Suite

Oceanfront

Airport Shuttle

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Complimentary Breakfast

Kitchenette

Golf Nearby

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

And now a word about parking......

Unlike the airport Sheraton, Hyatt, Doubletree & Marriott, this property does not charge a nightly parking fee.

The two times I've stayed here in the past (as well as this upcoming stay) were for pre-night flights from SFO. Both times I paid rack rates, however not park-and-fly package rates (which they offer). Each time I have left my car in their lot for the duration of my trip. My previous trip was for 18 nights. In each case I've let the front desk clerk know I would be leaving my car. It's never been a problem, even though I haven't purchased their park-and-fly package. Their park-and-fly packages are only about $20 over their room-only rates. This leads me to believe the park-and-fly packages are for marketing purposes only, and simply a chance to make some additional revenue. But in reality, since they don't charge for parking on a nightly basis, parking for an extended period of time doesn't seem to be an issue for them, despite the fact I haven't purchased a park-and-fly package. At least this has been my experience. I'll report back after this upcoming stay.

Incidentally, I had this same experience with the Embassy Suites NORTH SFO zone this past January. I purchased a room at rack rate, however left my car in their lot for 12 nights. When I checked in, the clerk said the limit was 10 nights, however when I returned 12 days later, I got into my car and that was that. Again, no need to purchase their park-and-fly package.

I've been shopping for hotel park-and-fly packages for this upcoming trip the past few weeks and was almost ready to book Sheraton's package for $149!

Purchased through the link to SavingsBarn.com

• 2 months later...
I'll report back after this upcoming stay. 

Returned home this evening from a 14-night vacation. Checked into the hotel on 9/22 before flying out the morning of 9/23. This is definitely the place to stay if you're in a "park and fly" situation. The only signs in their parking lot indicate they're not liable for loss or damage. No mention at all about time limits and/or towing.

$58 netted a night's hotel, wine/cocktail reception, full breakfast, round trip airport shuttle and parking for 14 days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]