A question about upgrades

KnightAngel
By KnightAngel,
in

Last year I took my family to Chicago and we stayed in a nice AmeriSuites in Arlington Heights. (The AmeriSuites was perfect because of the suites & the nice breakfast...it was great for our kids) We were planning on going back this year and was hoping to get the same area. After reading on this board I saw that someone had been trying to get a 2 1/2 star hotel in Arlington Heights but had been upgraded to a 3 star. Since I have heard TERRIBLE things about this 3 star it makes me very hesitant to bid in that area. Here's my question...do you have any choice in whether or not you are upgraded? I looked all over Pricelines website but I couldn't find any info about upgrades. If I have no choice in the upgrade I do not think I will bid in this zone. :) Thanks for any info you can give me.

~Robyn :)

PS: I love this website. :o

Hi -

Thank you for your nice comments and for participating here.

Upgrade info is in the Terms and Conditions. Not much said about it but here it is.

Hotel Star Ratings

Priceline.com will book your reservation in a property with an equal or higher star level than you requested. Reservations are based on rates and availability and are not able to be changed or cancelled.

So there's no way to prevent being upgraded and nothing you can do about it if you are. All of my upgrades have been great ( in small towns, I'll bid 1* knowing I'll almost certainly be upgraded) but I understand your concern.

This may be a situation to use Hotwire... as you may be able to figure out the hotel they are showing you. At the very least, you may be able to exclude a property you are trying to avoid.

If you'd like some help identifying Hotwire hotels feel free to post your travel dates and zones in the appropriate forum.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]