Priceline Hotel: San Rafael 2* Beware

miruca
By miruca,
in

San Rafael 2* hotels now includes the Travel Lodge which is not anywhere as nice as the 2* Extended Stay, and it is further out from town. Becuase of the disparity of between the two hotels, this is an unfortunate addition to the 2* category and will limit me from bidding this category again.

Can you share your last purchase of this property with the board... you can still view the details (star rating, city, zone, price, hotel, dates) by going to the top right of PRICELINE's home page and clicking the MY PROFILE>>MY TRIPS link.

Thank you.

My last purchase of the San Rafael Extended Stay is already posted on the board with dates, star, and bid information - as is the purchase before that.

I should note that I did find out that the San Rafael Travellodge is closer, not farther, away from town than the Extended Stay - but it was confirmed that it is more like a 1* motel and not in any way comparable to the quality of the Extended Stay.

• 2 months later...

I think the Travelodge San Rafael has either been banished from the Priceline roster or downgraded to a 1* property, because it certainly is not showing up in any of my recent searches for hotels in San Rafael. There is a Travelodge in both Mill Valley and Novato, but these are each 1* properties.

FWIW, the Extended Stay Deluxe in San Rafael remains a Priceline 2* but has been recently upgraded on Hotwire to a 3* property. The icons displayed vary depending on whether or not the first day of your stay is a weekend: The breakfast bar only operates M-F here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]