Priceline Hotel: London mid march

oh2doula
By oh2doula,
in

I am new to this forum and would appreciate any and all suggestions. I am planning a trip to London mid march with my daughter (17) and a friend of hers. I have used PRICELINE for a car rental in the United States but not for hotel....

My concern as far as airfare is times of flights - which departing is not an issue but arriving early morning can be an issue.

HOTELS - I am looking at Westminster - soho or Kennsington.

My plan is to bid one of those areas 4*

I am on a budget and of course want a great deal but have NO idea where to even start. Considered starting at $65 but is that even reasonable???

Again I am new and a little overwhelmed.

Thanks

Rita

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The first issue you'll have to contend with, assuming you're only seeking one room for the three of you, is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy. In Europe, with notoriously small rooms, it's very possible you get a room with only one bed and little, or no, room for a rollaway (and if one is allowed or available, the hotel could charge extra for it as well as for triple occupancy)

HOTWIRE does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, and although it will probably cost a little more than PRICELINE, it at least ensures that you'll have enough bedding for everyone in your group.

... or perhaps i'm wrong and you're looking for more than one room?

Let us know your thoughts/questions regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Best prices will be found in Kensington, which is a very nice area, near shopping and parks.

I have stayed in London using Priceline approximately 15 times, and I would have to agree with thereuare. You never know what kind of bedding or size of room you'll get with PRICELINE, even in the 4-star category, so best to go with Hotwire. You'll probably pay just a little more, but you'll avoid nasty (and possibly costly) surprises on arrival.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]