5. 1

6. 4

7. Marriott Marquis $299

Hilton Time Square $279

Waldorf $296

Millinieum Hilton $169

Intercontinental The Barclay $254 for 3 nights

Welcome to BetterBidding!

No need to fill out such an ugly form to get help here, we prefer to be a little more people-oriented. I almost feel like i'm jeapardy... i have the answers but need the questions :)

Anyway, back to your situation....

Based upon current rates I don't think $150 will be enough, it will likely take a bid closer to $160-$190. If you want to try anwyay i would recommend:

Select 4* MTE and...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $150.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes. If you change your mind and want to increase your bid or lower your star rating let us know and we'll post a follow-up strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi char540 - your dates overlap a convention of about 10,000 ear/nose/throat doctors and exhibitors at their trade show. While that number is not huge, the Marriott Marquis is the headquarters hotel and the Sheraton and NY Hilton are also on the housing list. The fact that these hotels are involved with the medical meeting could make it less likely that PL has lots of rooms available at these properties on these dates.

As you noted above, sometimes rooms that are being blocked off for the meeting attendees get released as the convention date approaches, but there's no telling whether this will happen in your case. Best of luck in securing a good rate!!

(PS, in your list in the first post, the Millenium Hilton is downtown, scross from the World Trade Center site - the NY Hilton and Towers, at 6th Ave and 53rd Street, is in Midtown West).

• 3 weeks later...

Char, at this point, Jersey City is looking like a bargain. It looks like the Candlewood Suites has rooms at $66 plus tax and fees, $303.95 for all 4 nights on Hotwire. You can be a "bridge and tunnel" person for a few days and splurge on some other items while in NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]