Hotwire Hotel: Scottsdale Hotels

lam
By lam,
in

Scottsdale, Please help identify hotel

I am looking for a nice place to stay near old town for two adults and two children, age 8 and 13.

December 17 and 18, two nights.

This choice has:

Smoke free rooms

Complementary Breakfast

Fitness Centre

Pool

Business Center

Internet access

Do you have any idea which hotel this is?

Thanks!

Oh, I almost forgot, Tripadvisor gives this place 4 out of 5.

2.5* hotel in Scottsdale

This is for Dec 17 and 18, two nights for two adults and two children, age 8 and 13.

This seems remarkably cheap, so should I be worried about the state of the property?

Icons are:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

It says it is Best Value and gets 4 out of 5 from tripadvisor.

Thanks again!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Do you happen to recall what you did for your previous Hotwire Santa Monica and Hotwire Washington DC stays??

Please follow-up your previous threads and then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Am i correct that the first hotel is rated 3 stars? On my search this is appearing for $66... any reason you're more intested in this than the 3.5* for $55, given that is is not only higher rated but also less expensive?

For the second hotel are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search as i'm not seeing this property offered when searching for your dates in the Scottsdale zone.

Are your plans for this date and area firm?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just did another search and things seem to have changed a bit.

The 2 1/2* has gone up in price $10 and is now $49 instead of $39.

The other hotel, which had 3*, I am seeing as $64.

I am interested in these ones because they are in "Scottsdale" rather than "North Scottsdale", so I was thinking they may be closer to Old Town.

Maybe it would be worth staying at one of the North Scottsdale properties if it is a great deal - but don't they have resort fees?

Do you have any idea of the name of the two properties listed at great values and what resort fees might apply?

Our plans are not 100% firm as we are planning on going to the Grand Canyon and may stay an extra day.

Just trying to figure out our options.

Thanks very much for your help.

The first two for North Scottsdale on the search I did do say "resort", which is why I asked the question :)

The first one is $59, 4*

Resort

non-smoking

fitness

swimming

restaurant

business

internet

golf

The second RESORT property listed is $56, 3 1/2*

resort

swim

restaurant

internet

golf

tennis

Re: The 3* property I mentioned in the first post - do you think it might be the Hyatt Place Old Town? I searched the internet and apparently it is smoke free, so it may be a match. I was thinking it would be better for us to be walking distance to old town at least one of the nights.

Thanks for your input.

Oh, also, I wonder if the children would be allowed to stay at a resort. I just checked the Orange Tree site (since that appears to be a possible match for one of the properties) and it says you have to be 21 to occupy a room.

Thanks again for your advice.

Thanks - I will look into that one.

I did put in the search for Hotwire that I have two children with me, but I am worried now about whether they would be permitted at the properties that came up. If it is the Shraton Desert Oasis, it looks like it is some kind of time share and children would be okay there.

I would expect that since I put in the search that I have the children, any hotel that comes up would allow them - do you think this is correct? Perhaps it is not the Orange Tree for this reason, since it seems the Orange Tree is for 21 and over.

Thanks.

Our plans are not 100% firm as we are planning on going to the Grand Canyon and may stay an extra day.
Please firm up your plans before asking for hotel ID's, it's a time consuming process and as you've already seen, the offerings change frequently. The HOTWIRE hotels offered above may not even be the ones that are offered once you're ready to commit to this area.
I would expect that since I put in the search that I have the children, any hotel that comes up would allow them - do you think this is correct? Perhaps it is not the Orange Tree for this reason, since it seems the Orange Tree is for 21 and over.
If you include children in your search you will receive a hotel which does allow children. I'm not familiar with the Orange Tree Resort's policies, but my guess is that this property does allow children, and that the "21 and over" policy is intended to prevent somebody under 21 years old occupying a room by themselves (ie- two 18 years couldn't check-in)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]