Hotwire Hotel: 3+ star suggestions SFO Union Sq W 12/30 to 1/1

CalifJ
By CalifJ,
in

however, wish to boycott Priceline for their involvement in passing Prop 8.
What was Priceline's involvement with California Proposition 8? I haven't heard a word about it.
Wish to stay in (3.5+ stars downtown LA or Hollywood Dec 30 - Jan 1, 2009. Hotwire suggestions welcome.
Hard to make recommendations without knowing your budget. Searching Hotwire for your dates do you find any Downtown or Hollywood hotels that look appealing? If you'll post the icons someone will try and identify the hotels.

HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Downtown area with the amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. $129. While the amenities could be a match for either the Omni or Westin, the tripadvisor rating on the detail page would mean a match for the Westin. If this is the Westin (and I really think it is), the HOTWIRE rate is a very nice discount off regular rate.

If this is of interest, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the site's link to HOTWIRE.com to start your purchase.

Never have used HOTWIRE, and swore by PRICELINE many years now;
It would be appreciated if you shared your wins and purchases with the rest of the board... i'm sure others could benefit from the information.

Is there any interest in the property that AaronJB highlighted above? If not, are there any other HOTWIRE properties offered for your dates which are of interest?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

CalifJ,

I realize it's offtopic to finding a hotel room in LA but since you brought up the subject can you post a link to a news article or other source substantiating your statement that Priceline took a position either way on California's Proposition 8?

The SF Chronicle's website has a searchable database of Prop 8 contributors. You can search for contributors on both sides of the issue and Priceline's name doesn't appear in either list.

http://www.sfgate.com/webdb/prop8/

I posted the original. Just took the time to investigate and feel it may have been one of those internet "say the word in the ear of one to see how it will follow". Do not find Priceline anywhere on any of the better links inc the one connected to the state's list of those giving $. Of course if an individual, say a CEO gave it isn't so easy to know. It never made sense that Priceline would cut off its nose to spite its face since the travel industry should surely not discriminate. Lastly, I love Priceline which my friends and family would contest to. So, now I can ethically continue use. Any input appreciated. :)

Just took the time to investigate and feel it may have been one of those internet "say the word in the ear of one to see how it will follow".
Would you like me to strikeout your comments above so as to not confuse any future users, which would only perpetuate the actions of how this likely got started?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately decide to stay in Los Angeles we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Have you decided upon a location at this point?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]