Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Anaheim-Disneyland South) Hyatt Regency

jaberocs
By jaberocs,
in

Hello! I went through the HOTWIRE link here, and searched for Disneyland South, 3.5*, from 12/23 - 12/27. I found one for $56 a night with the following amenities:

• Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurants
  • Business Center
  • High-Speed Internet Access

-Area details: Close to Disneyland Resort, sports stadiums and plenty of shopping

-Points of interest: 1. The Block at Orange

-Travel information: 7.8 miles to John Wayne Airport/Orange County Airport (SNA), 25.0 miles to Ontario Intl. (ONT)

There's a post below mines that's very similar, only they listed "golf nearby" and "tennis nearby" as amenities, but when I clicked amenities, those didn't show up. I'm thinking this is either the Hyatt or Hilton.

Thanks in advance!

The amenities you list don't match 100% with what has been reported to the board, and HOTWIRE doesn't mentions a tripadvisor traveler rating to help narrow it down. It could be any number of hotels.

However, when I change the search parameters to 2 Adults + 1 Child, a different hotel pops up for $55 ($7 cheaper than the other one at $62) with amenities:

fitness

pool

restaurant

business

internet

tennis

golf

This matches the Hilton and the Hyatt so my guess would be one of these. There is no other information that I see to narrow it down further.

If you plan on reserving, help support this site by using this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The first hotel matches the amenities for the DoubleTree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort - Convention Center so that would be my best guess for that one... or you can change the amenities as per slick_gd's post above if you'd prefer to try for the Hyatt or Hilton.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks in advance for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was hoping to get the King Bed Disney-View room

I'm not familiar with this property to know if this is a standard room or not, but it sounds as if this is a 'premium' room which would cost more than the standard?

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations are for standard rooms... you could get upgraded, for free or for an additional charge, or the hotel could not upgrade you (if there is availability) even if there is availability. If you're looking for a specific room type, and especially if it's an upgrade from a standard room, then you should probably book directly with the hotel (usually at much higher cost... if you do choose to go this route please use our Hilton Link or the one in our support page)

The deep discounts received thru PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are in exchange for being flexible in your plans... i think looking not only for a specific property, but also a specific room type at that property, may be a bit much to expect and increase your chance for disappointment.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just checked the Hilton site, and it seems that there aren't any king bed Disney-view rooms left, so that's okay. I tried 2 adults, 1 child per your suggestions and I got the same 3.5* for $55/night with the following amenities:

• Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • High-speed Internet Access
  • Golf Nearby
  • Tennis Nearby

It's also the same area details:

-Close to Disneyland Resort, sports stadiums and plenty of shopping

-Points of interest: 1. The Block at Orange

-Travel information: 7.8 miles to John Wayne Airport/Orange County Airport (SNA), 25.0 miles to Ontario Intl. (ONT)

The area details are specific to the zone (ie- Anaheim-Disneyland South) and not the hotel, so that information will reain the same for all hotels in this zone.

As per the post above, these amenities match both the Hilton and the Hyatt so either of these would be our best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

No issue if you don't have a 3rd occupant with you. If they ask (which they won't), "He decided to stay at a friends house" or "A friend is meeting us at the hotel later and dropping her off".

There are no guarantees that you'll receive the Hilton or Hyatt, as we can't see the hotel name either, but based upon the information provided, and each of these hotels being reported with this amenity combination in the past, that would be our best guess as to the most likely outcome. I feel 'good' that you'll receive one of these, but there could always be a new hotel, not yet reported to the board, with these amenities, or a previously reported hotel with a new amenity combination, and you can be the first to report it. (my standard 'disclaimer')

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I just booked my trip (through the HOTWIRE link of course!) for a 3.5* hotel in Disneyland South.

For $62 a night (before taxes), I got the Hyatt Regency Orange County. I used 2 adults, 1 child for 12/23 - 12/27 and got the same amenities as above, with the golf/tennis nearby. I'm very happy with the results, and thanks to everyone that helped out! Better Bidding rocks!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received one of the two properties predicted and are happy with the results... we're glad that the board was helpful in your purchase and you're looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for posting your results and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]