Priceline Hotel: 3* London (Airport Heathrow) Holiday Inn M4

craz
By craz,
in

Ok new onto this site, so please bear with me.

Used this site and TOOB to get a range. 1st timeever using PL. tried to get the Sher Skyline for $60 as others had for other dates around mine. No Go. Was told for an extra $18 I could have it. I passed tried using a different email address etc but it keep coming back, with my denial. So I had a different family members bid on their account and that was rejected at a bid of $63 the most I would have paid.

Rebidded for a 3* at $47 got the HI M4, from posts at both sites $41 was rejected and told $51 can have it. didnt want to play with them over a couple of bucks (would 43 or 45 work).

Used SavingsBarn link

Theres alot to learn about using PL, its great as the HI website listed the cheapest rate of 71 GBP mine is around 33 GBP. Also by going this way no fees by my CC for converting GBP into $$ another savings.

Only as I need to keep my status at 3 different chains(SPG/Hilton/Marriott) which takes up 80+ nights a yr, I dont know how often I will be able to use PL. Here at LHR I needed a room between flights (overnight) so it was the way to go, not worth using hotel pts when I can get something for this price, and the reg rates are way out of line for us Yanks with the battered $$.

Want to thank all those who posted their winning/lossing bids it helped me

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for sharing your own win and helping others.

The 'priceline process' gets easier the more you do it and soon it will become second nature to you. I just had a discussion the other day about how almost everyone's story is that they were 'afraid' to use Priceline at first... but once they realized the savings that could be had we have all become converts and advocates.

You've been bitten by the bug... welcome to the club.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]