Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Hilton San Diego Resort

Yzdeal
By Yzdeal,
in

We've been using the rebid zone method in the past few days bidding a room in the coastal area from 55 up to 86, still no score.

As per previous posts, many people got a 4* in the $70+ range. We also saw on priceline's website a 4* is available at $80, but we just have no success winning a room for those dates.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

We've been using the link provided in this forum to purchase our hotel rooms. Not only for this trip, we've also won bids for our previous las vegas trip back in sept using betterbiding.com link to PRICELINE. Unfortunately this time we are not able to get any deal for our san diego trip. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

...we've also won bids for our previous las vegas trip back in sept using betterbiding.com

It would be appreciated if you would also share your win(s) with the board... perhaps the information will/would have helped others, just as the postings of others helped you with your own purchase :)

Rates are date specific. I entered (w/o the quotes) "San Diego Coastal" into the quicksearch box in the top of the blue banner at the top of the board and the first few reported wins for this zone were at the Hilton Torrey Pines. As the first few wins (won at $74-$78/nite) are for dates still in the future i checked them at the Hilton Website and rates are $120-$135/nite for these reported win dates. I then checked your own dates and rates start at $245/nite. This is only an example with one hotel chosen based upon the last reported wins, and others may have lower rates, but this information seems to suggest that currently rates are higher for your dates and therefore will require a higher PRICELINE bid compared to dates which were won at $80 and lower.

What is the best rate you're able to find for an acceptable 4* hotel in this zone for your dates?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the great advices.

We should definitely try bidding every other day.

Our budget is around $100 per night. We will be staying in L.A. as well. We noticed hotels in L.A are more expensive, so we want to lower our San Diego expenses to lower the average. Hotwire 4* are a little over $100. We will try Priceline first and if that doesn't work out, we'll have to consider other options then.

Remember to use the link to PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. I saved hundreds on my last trip to Vegas!

Your dates are a Sunday and Monday night in January. Ought to be slow.

Hotwire has a 4* in Sea World-Mission Bay-Shelter Island for $119. I think you're likely to get a 4* in Coastal zone on Priceline for $100 or less if you're patient.

Also in SW/MB/SI Hotwire has a 3.5* for $82 (looks like Kona Kai Resort) and an oceanfront 3* for $69 (loooks like Humphrey's Half Moon). Humphrey's gets good reviews and that $69 price is excellent.

Please use these HOTWIRE links if you purchase.

Thank you again for the suggestions.

With a little more patience, we won Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa for $80/night through the PRICELINE link. This is a great price compare to the website price at $209/night.

We heard from a friend she said it's still early to book a room on PRICELINE so we stayed within the previous winning price range. I guess it's a good idea to bid early, know the price range you are willing to pay, and keep bidding. Now we are happy with our hotel.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal and are happy with the results. There is no 'magic formula' as to when to bid (early or late) which is why we suggest, as you have done, to begin bidding as soon as your plans are firm, while also knowing what a 'good' bid is to make sure that you don't overbid. There is a further discussion on this topic in the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ (if anyone following along cares to read more on the subject)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]