Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Civic Center South-Hayes Valley) Whitcomb

Hhawaii
By Hhawaii,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please go back to HOTWIRE and doublecheck the star rating.. i'm seeing a 4* hotel with different amenities than the above, but am seeing a 3.5* hotel in this zone with these amenities.

If you're still seeing a 4* property with the amenities above, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was searching everything with only 1 adult (myself). When I do the same search, but leave the default 2 adults, I get what seems to be the Embassy Suites with 11 amenities at $79, 4 stars. Suite, golf, laundry, pool, fitness, breakfast, etc.

Why does HOTWIRE not give me the suite hotel when I put only 1 adult, even though it is a customer favorite?

Will I get into trouble if I book the 2 adult hotel (suite), even though I will be staying there alone?

Generaly speaking, HOTWIRE only shows the least expensive hotel at each star level in a given zone. However, when rates are within a certain amount of each other (say $5-$10), which appears to be the case here, then the hotels are rotated as to which shows on a given search (or some additional criteria is applied). It's possible the other hotel has a particular room which will only accomoate 1 person, or that the original hotel is given preference for single occupancy and the Suite hotel is given preference for 2+ occupancy, or that if we did enough searches we would begin to see the original hotel appear for single occupancy searches as well.

Will I get into trouble if I book the 2 adult hotel (suite), even though I will be staying there alone?
No problem at all... it's only an issue if it ends up being the other way around; you have more guests thank you declare on your search. You can always book for more guests than you'll actually be (this is often done on HOTWIRE, booking triple/quad occupancy, to ensure 2 beds, which can't be guaranteed via PRICELINE)

Will what is believed to be the Embassy Suite work well for your needs?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your purchase.

Sounds like this will work out well for your needs and hopefully you're happy with the outcome.

Can you please add the price paid (per nite before fees and taxes) and the amenities shown before your purchase as a reply to this thread... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks for sharing your purchase with the board and using our HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay and good luck on the interview.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]