CA San Francisco Larkspur Landing South

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Exquisite for a 2*. Deserves to be rated higher.

It's a suite hotel. I Got a studio with a queen bed. There is a full kitchen: fridge, micro, dishwasher, sink, toaster, electric range, coffee maker and all kitchenware.

Room also had large work desk and chair, armchair, large TV, dresser.

Full bathroom with all the usual amenities.

Free in-room high-speed Internet access.

Free 60-minute local calls.

Free parking.

Free self-service laundry! The washers and dryers phone your room when cycles finish!!

Free continental breakfast (very minimal).

hot tub and exercize room.

Car required, or be shuttled to public transportation. About 10 minutes to SF.

Great value!

• 1 year later...

I agree with the above posts.

I was given a one bedroom suite, which was amazing. It was like a 1 bedroom apartment! There was a TV in the living room and one in the bedroom. The bathroom had two sinks and a full tub/shower.

The kitchen was stocked w/ dishes, pots, pans, utensil, etc. The microwave and fridge came in handy to heat and store leftovers.

Larkspur Landing had a nice complimentary business center full with two computers, copier, fax, and laser printer and free internet access. Each room also had free high speed access.

There was plenty of free parking and the staff was very cordial. The continental breakfast was minimal (bagels, mini muffins, and fruit) but they did have lots of Starbucks coffee, tea, and juice.

For $35 a night, this place was a great bargain! I've stayed at the Mariott (3*) near SFO before, and I think Larkspur Landing is better in quality.

• 4 months later...

This is the best hotel that I have ever stayed in through priceline. This beats many of the 3 and 4 star hotels that I have stayed in the past.

At check-in, the clerk was professional and stated that I had the room prepaid with Priceline. I arrived at 5pm so there were complimentary freshly baked oatmeal/raisin cookies at the counter... (YUMMY!). There are also apples at the counter there at all times. I received room 332 which was a "regular" suite with a single queen sized bed. The room was an end room which happily surprised me, as I didn't even request it. The room is well sound-proofed as I didn't notice the takeoffs of the planes. I was never awakened by any significant noise.

There is a welcome basket that greets you in the kitchen. Starbucks coffee filters, 2 oat/granola bars, 1 16oz bottle of spring water, 1 packe of ACTII microwavable popcorn. The kitchen is very complete with dishes, glasses, strainers, colander, utensils, scissors, microwave, 2 electric burners, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, coffee maker.

The room also had a Zenith DVD player, which I didn't expect. It also had a CD/Alarm Radio. It had two phones with one of them being a 900mhz cordless. The working table is big with two soft leather chairs (one of them has rolling wheels). There is also another chair with an ottoman. The closet was a little smaller than I expected, but in it had the standard iron and table.

The 4 feather pillows, the quilted down comforters, the 310 thread 60cotton/40poly sheets, the mattress pad was the most comfortable hotel bed that I have ever slept in. I slept very soundly and comfortably for both nights that I was there.

The bathroom was standard sized with matching tiles on the floor that matched the tiles in the kitchen. The walls of the showers were tiles, too! The bathroom was very clean and the amenities were from Bath and Bodyworks.

The place had a complimentary business center (with a color laser printer) as well as complimentary in-room wired internet access.

I did use the fitness room one day which was okay... nothing spectacular. It had 2 threadmills, 2 stairmasters and 1 exercise bike I think.

Overall, this is the best hotel that I have ever stayed in (in terms of comforts for the price). Mostly because of the bed (simply incredible)!

Check-In Date: Friday, February 11, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, February 13, 2005

Hotel Name: Larkspur Landing Of South San Francisco

690 Gateway Boulevard

San Francisco, California 94080

650-827-1515

Your Offer Price: $33.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $66.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $17.30

Total Charges: $83.30

The other issue that came up was that fact that I checked my credit card online 3 days later and sawa that I was charged an addition 75.66$ from the hotel. I called and I asked about the charge. The lady apologized and said that it was a mistake. They should have charged that amount to the priceline credit card as I had already prepaid through priceline. hehe i guess 7.64$ is how much priceline is profiting from my stay (which includes the Priceline service fee.

I would DEFINATELY STAY here again... even if I had to book through the hotel directly!

• 2 weeks later...

I reread my post and I forgot to include my review of their Free "deluxe continental breakfast."

It was again one of the best "free" hotel breakfasts that I've ever eaten. It helps to get there early... Since I flew in from MN on Friday night, My body though it was 9am when the breakfast starts at 7am on Saturday. I had a great selection to choose from.

Starbucks decaf and regular coffee, tea bags, cartons of skim and low-fat milk, various bottles of juices (I think apple and orange were the choices), yoplait yogurt, apples/orange basket, cold hard-boiled egges, various slices of breads, basket of muffins, and bottles of spring water! The most imperssive things that they had approximately 7 bags of the Harmony brand trail mix.

Needlesstosay, I stuffed my face and took a bag of the trail mix to go. Luckily, I'm sure I burned off all the calories that morning/afternoon when I rented a bike from Fisherman's Wharf and rode it to sausalito and back. Trail mix was so good when you are starving!

On Sunday morning, I woke up much later... and got to "breakfast around 9:30, and everything except the trail mix was there." Breakfast was certainly very enjoyable on both days. Early bird gets the trail mix bags.

Anyways... I highly recommend this place to anyone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]