Hotwire Hotel: 3* Stamford-Bridgeport (Bridgeport-Shelton) Holiday Inn Bridgeport

virginiatraveller
By virginiatraveller,
in

Hotwire 3 *

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business

Cost: $59 a night, thanksgiving week, 2008

This is a newly renovated hotel in downtown Bridgeport, near the courthouse and train station.

Positives: Very nice inside, room was HUGE, easily fit an almost twin size rollaway bed without inconvenience. Toilet/shower separate from sink area, privacy wall between facilites and bedroom area. All rooms non-smoking. Exercise room was well-equipped and big. Validated parking for the garage behind the hotel. Key-entry to operate the elevators on the lobby floor. Plenty of choices for paid on-demand first-run movies. Had a restaurant but we did not use it.

Negatives: The location is AWFUL. We were approached by homeless men begging while unloading the car right in front of the main entrance doors in the afternoon. A scary place to be if you are a woman, alone, older, or with kids, especially at night. Homeless people loitering by the pay phone in the lobby. The "heated indoor pool" is the tiniest pool I have ever seen and was too cold even for my 9 year old dedicated swimmer to stay in more than 2 minutes. No restaurant or room service and limited maid service on Thanksgiving Day. Non-paid TV channels are limited. (No Food Network, Animal Planet, Nickelodeon, etc.)

With my husband and teenaged son to stay together while parking and unloading the car, this hotel was worth the hotwire price. Without that price and the 2 men with us, I would have refused to stay there. The location is just too much of a negative no matter how nice it is inside.

Would definitely NOT stay there ever again.

Thank you for the extra post and sharing your results, and experience, with the rest of the board.

Can you please add the date(s) of your stay to this thread so that this thread will appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks! Hope your future purchases are better.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]