Priceline Hotel: 4* Fulton - Gwinnett (Lake Lanier) Renaissance

MichaelBei
By MichaelBei,
in

Won a $65 bid right after a bid of $68 was rejected (yes you read right - the accepted bid was from another travler and with an added zone). This region has several risk free rebid opportunities using other zones that don't have 4 star hotels. In this case, there were also other people trying to get the same hotel for the same night as well.

For some reason Priceline has been increasingly often rejecting my bids even when they have availability (I have tested this several times recently as I became more and more suspcious). I can't figure out why or how this is happening, I don't know what it is in my bids that is triggering this behavior by Priceline. But it is clear that quite often I have been wasting my time, because Priceline has several times rejected my bid when it has accepted bids from others at the same or similar times and when rates were similar. But sometimes I can get a bid still accepted - usually only when I get the price right on my very first bid.

Strange huh? :)

Renaissance Pineisle Resort And Golf Club

Check-In Date: Sunday, August 1, 2004

Check-Out Date: Monday, August 2, 2004

Lake Lanier

9000 Holiday Road

Lake Lanier Island, Georgia 30518

770-945-8921

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $65.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$15.32

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for the posting and sharing your results... and adding a new hotel to our lists in the process :)

All i can think of related to the 'glitch' is that if the system is down or can't connect to the hotel inventory it defaults to "Sorry we couldn't find a hotel". This may be necessary on their part (until a LOT more programming can be done) since once the computer attempts to access inventory it may already be viewed as a bonfide bid... thus programming would need to be done if the system was down to make sure the user was able to bid again before the 72 hours timeframe.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]