Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Ottawa-Hull (Ottawa) Crowne Plaza Ottawa

opus
By opus,
in

Just bid using the betterbidding PRICELINE link for 4* at $55 and was rejected. Added 3.5* and was accepted at $55

One thought that has been in mind for a while is the format used by other posters with winning bids. While my bid was $55 once you add the taxes and fees it gets to $70.23 total amount billed.

I've been looking at several hotel nights on a cross continent trip lately and I'm finding that hotels in the Holiday Inn Express/Best Western class are not anymore expensive if booked directly with the hotel website than the winning bids I see here after you add the PL fees.

From that point of view I'm wondering if we are all getting 'punch drunk' on bidding, and not seeing the bigger picture and the total cost.

If this is not the best forum for this discussion I apologise in advance.

I'm not currently seeing this property on my own HOTWIRE search for your dates... are you still seeing this property offered?

If so are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your win!

Best rate for this hotel if booked direct (including taxes which are 13% at this property) is $117.50CAD (or ~$95US)... so your win is a savings of more than 25%. Perhaps not the best PRICELINE deal ever, but certainly a welcomed discount, imo. (if a store was having a 25% off sale on an item i wanted it would probably be enough to motivate me from a browser to a buyer)

Regardless if 25% is 'enough' of a discount to make an opaque hotel purchase is something each user needs to decide for themselves and is exemplatory of why we always suggest doing your research (the motivation behind the BetterChecker) before you bid to determine current hotel direct rates so that you know what a 'good deal' is and can adjust your maximum bid accourdingly.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks but I already used PRICELINE (with your link) and got the Crowne Plaza at $55. Frankly I would have liked to try for the Elgin, but somehow the Laundry facility made me wonder if it was accurate...which is why I was hoping someone else had won this description before and could confirm...perhaps next visit

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]