FLL-->TPA Ft Lauderdale to Tampa Compact Alamo

whammy1
By whammy1,
in

Hi all, this was a tough auction. I am picking up the car at FLL and dropping it off at TPA for a total of 13 days over Christmas. After reviewing the message boards I decided to start my bidding at $12 a day. On the second day, PRICELINE indicated the "Good chance" price of $17 but I didn't take it as I thought it was too high at the time. I stuck to the Betterbidding process of raising my bid $1 at a time. Over the following two weeks my bid had gotten as high as $21 a day with the "Good chance" level up to $36. For some reason yesterday I put in a price of $17 and they accepted the price! I do not know why it happened this way but I would assume that the rental companies have certain sales at different times and I must have hit the sale yesterday. Either way, I am extremely happy with the price considering when I checked my Preferred rate at Avis was $642 for the same rental. Therefore, I won for $17 a day a 13 day Compact rental with Alamo picking up at FLL on Dec. 16 and dropping off at TPA Dec 29 for $372. The breakdown is $221 for the rental and a whopping $151 in taxes and fees. Thank you Betterbidding and members for helping me save a huge $270!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]