Priceline Hotel: 4* Houston (Galleria) InterContinental

mattrob
By mattrob,
in

We are looking for a 4* Galleria hotel, and we would love to get the Westin. Looking at current availability, there is 1 4* available, with amenities: swimming, restaurants, business, high speed internet and tennis.

Looking at the list, it might well be the Westin. Especially due to the tennis. Any thoughts ?

mattrob have you made a decision regarding your Salt Lake City stay in Feb?

The amenities you listed do not match exactly with what has been reported to the board and could be a number of hotels. I notice the HOTWIRE mentions a tripadvisor traveler review rating of 3.5/5 based on 60+ reviews, which matches the Inter-Continental the best (3.5/5 on 65 reviews). The Westin is rated 3.5/5 on 50 reviews so I doubt it is this one.

The only sticking point I see is the 'tennis' icon. I can't find anything on the IC that lists tennis nearby as an amenity, but it is the only hotel in the zone that I see that matches the tripadvisor rating. If I had to guess, I would think it is the IC.

Changing up the search parameters to include other adults and children didn't bring up a different hotel.

If you plan on reserving, help support this site by using this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

On my current search i'm showing a 4* hotel in the (North-Galleria) zone with: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Interneet, Business and the same TA info that slick_gd has listed above.

Referencing the Hotwire Hotel List we see these amenities match 3 different hotels in the area including the Inter-Continental, but the Inter-Continental uses different amenity combinations, which includes with and without a Tennis icon.

Nobody can say for certain, but weighing all the evidence provided above i'd lean towards this likely being a new amenity combination for the Inter-Continental.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]